Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Akumasama

Momiji announcement* you meant xD We already know the fact that they hired again the old voice actress, pretty obvious.

KwonJigglypuff

If Momiji is back, even if her gameplay was well-written thanks to her double jump, I hope she will be many new moves because she felt boring as HELL in every department (fighting style, cosmetics).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In a perfect world the next DLC season would entail:

- Beach stage and sexy, unique swim wear for everyone with the right amount of navels (one per character) and on the right spot.
- Leon and a desert stage. Sand is deformable like in DOA3 and DOA2U, almost two decades ago.
- Ein and a Black Forest stage (where DOA lore says Hitomi found him), a very dense and dark forest with destructible tree trunks.
- Momiji and a dance stage, lol.

Akumasama

Momiji was cancerous filth.
She was tricky to play against, I'll grant you that, but it felt rewarding.
I feel more annoyed playing against very good (and very cheap) NiCO players in DoA6 honestly.

I dunno, maybe I'm biased because my main opponent as Momiji was @KING JAIMY who is always an awesome person to play against, whether you're winning or losing it's always fun.

Brute

Standard Donor
The reasons Momiji sucked extend far beyond "she was tricky to play against." Hell, every character was tricky to play against if there was a player worth their salt behind the controller. Momiji was just a complete and utter failure from all angles. Her animations were choppy (both her new ones and all the stolen ones), her hitboxes were fucked, her gameplan was a snoozefest and her "personality" was so moe cringe the that she's known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean Momiji was the literal definition (or equivalent) to the house plant sitting in a corner where she's "just there" within the competitive format. Most of the JPN players didn't like playing her along with the character mostly being played by the casual audience because she's cute, yet lacks that sense of energy or impact vs majority of the cast that have a better shine behind it. Might even be safe to say that Momiji is literally a casual character for everyone that anyone can use.

Gen Fu takes the cake on the biggest snooze and putting people to sleep when it comes to boredom imo, but Gen Fu was at least actually pretty potent+had an impact. Only issue I guess was that he wasn't played by many people, but after seeing Gen Fu in action, wouldn't blame people.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

I just want Switch version with Momiji pls and shek joycon for her bobs

I don't own a Switch but if it was announced that DOA6 would get a rerelease on that with both Rachel and Momiji, I would get one and play 6 from there permanently.

Speaking of announcements, its more than halfway thru the month and still no news on the next SP, when did they say they would give details?

RayBellion

I mean Momiji was the literal definition (or equivalent) to the house plant sitting in a corner where she's "just there" within the competitive format. Most of the JPN players didn't like playing her along with the character mostly being played by the casual audience

What's wrong with a character having an appeal for the casual audience?

I suffer from having mostly IRL friends not that much interested in FG and the few times I managed to play with them DOA5LR, Momiji was often among the fighters chosen repeatedly (but interestingly, Kasumi (default choice) and Bass(!) were the absolute favorite picks from my non-FGC friends).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD