Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
...Excuse me? lol
Let’s be honest here, NRS games don’t last longer than 2 years. Majority of the MK community complains about MK11 because, just like DOA6. It’s a simplified game. NRS games are designed to not last longer than 2-3 years because people either move on to a new InJ or a MK or other fighters. NRS puts a lot of effort into the aesthetics of the game but the substance and the actual content are rather disappointing. This seems to be a trend with these new fighters.
I don't know which character you play but as Hitomi player I just can't enjoy this game anymore. DOA6 Hitomi is just DOA5 Hitomi with less moves because a lot moves that had purpose in DOA5 now they don't have purpose or they are too risky for the reward (like 8k FS).

She is just boring to play, I really think she is even simpler than in DOA3.

So the question for me is, when will a re-release happen?, so that way we can get revamped mechanics. PS5 is confirmed to not happen until fall 2020 so ... 2021?, Will they just add more DLC over all 2020?. I don't think people will keep playing the game if that is the case, even SoulCalibur VI is getting more moves and mechanics.

This game is 8 months old and I don't think it can last another 12 months more without a huge update.
I use Kasumi Momiji Raidou and Mai Shiranui. Hitomi was done dirty yeah, it’s sad, but I think this goes for a lot of characters. Christie is also one of the victims that went from really cool and fun in 5 to just plain brain dead and boring.
Personally I believe that we will get a ultimate edition around September 2020 or februari 2021. It seems to be their thing to release new things in these months.
Kwiggle had the gall to complain about Tina recently. That she was too OP like Christie was nothing to shake a stick at in DOA5. Nobody is denying that DOA6 has problems, but it's not in a state of emergency like some people are trying to act. No offense to them but Teru Rock and Sio got bottomed at their past few events and they seemed kind of salty. :p

I know what stream you are talking about and I don't recall what calibur said. I personally like 5 as much as I do 6. Like me and so many others, our identities will be complete when Rachel arrives.

Oh and I never said any of those moves were new with Hitomi, I said that Hitomi is a great character and I've seen her be used just fine.
I mean... Tina’s throw damage is insane, I think she was actually more balanced in DOA5. I think most characters are better and more balanced in DOA5. DOA5 definitely was the better DOA, even though I commend TN for trying new things, they should learn how to stick to their roots and not follow trends to appeal to the casuals.

I think we can all agree that DOA6 is just not as fun as DOA5. I Hope TN works hard on DOA6 after Nioh 2 otherwise this game might die fast actually. Also, we need a new team at TN. Shimbori seems like a sweetheart but we need someone better than him and Yamima.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Being good at the game has nothing to do with a character viability. Also, go suck a nut with that shade of insult at my Hitomi play.

LMAO AH, I can see how you read it that way, not what I meant XD but I will certainly suck a nut or two just for you.

@Onryoki I think DOA5 is better, but that's because of Rachel, Genfu, Leon & Alpha-152 plus the wide variety of stages. Mechanically, I liked critical burst, but I am always focused on my throw damage. I would rather gamble for a crucifix power bomb than do all of that training and work hard to get good with Kasumi. It's just not my style.

Besides. Kwiggle might get tired of his Christie combos, but I never get tired of power-bombing people with Tina. Sometimes it's on the electric floor, sometimes it's on the wall or into the crowd assist. But at least I get the privilege of enjoying my character. When Rachel comes back I'll be in heaven.

I would like to hear someone else's opinion on Christie. Got the time @Awesmic ?

If I have a problem with anything this week it's the bunny outfits being $20. Jesus Christ, right? I still bought them. Team NINJA takes on a lot of projects and IMO they deserve the extra cash.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

You provided one tweet for Kwiggle so that counts as a reason... Just like his worries with Tina could count as another.

Just because four or five players stream and chat it up doesn't mean things to the magnitude you want to make them. The game isn't suddenly dead now.

I say you put your money where your mouth is. You say you doubt it will last another twelve months. I'll bet you 500 it does. Let's see if your exaggerated statements will match that?

I provided a tweet where he is saying why he doesn't enjoy the game that much. You thinking Tina is another reason is an assumption.

Also, as I said, that stream was the last time where they publicly were talking about this game issues. I had a friend in that tournament and he talked to more players off camera and I know several of them can't talk about it openly due contracts or sponsors rules.

You say you doubt it will last another twelve months

Lol nope, I said this game can't last another 12 months with only DLC characters and DLC costumes like now. They have to react and do something more.

People is openly saying they don't enjoy playing several characters. That's a huge red flag in combat desing.

werewolfgold

Let’s be honest here, NRS games don’t last longer than 2 years. Majority of the MK community complains about MK11 because, just like DOA6. It’s a simplified game. NRS games are designed to not last longer than 2-3 years because people either move on to a new InJ or a MK or other fighters. NRS puts a lot of effort into the aesthetics of the game but the substance and the actual content are rather disappointing. This seems to be a trend with these new fighters.
I guess you can feel how you want about MK11. I have my own things that I think should be fixed. But, really, the games only last 2 years because that's all they update them for before moving on to the next game themselves. Obviously the player base would follow suit.

But, what I meant in questioning you was that you saying that TN is trying to make the game better in comparison to NRS who isn't doesn't pass the smell test in terms of the things both companies have been doing since release. They both have been releasing a farily steady stream of content (YMMV on how good you find it), they both have been supporting their tourney scenes, etc.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I provided a tweet where he is saying why he doesn't enjoy the game that much. You thinking Tina is another reason is an assumption.

Also, as I said, that stream was the last time where they publicly were talking about this game issues. I had a friend in that tournament and he talked to more players off camera and I know several of them can't talk about it openly due contracts or sponsors rules.

Lol nope, I said this game can't last another 12 months with only DLC characters and DLC costumes like now. They have to react and do something more.

People is openly saying they don't enjoy playing several characters. That's a huge red flag in combat desing.

It actually sounds like you are just recycling a lot of Dr. Impact's recent tweets. And no not an assumption. He publicly criticized Tina but he was dead quiet and all smiles when his formula with Christie was regularly smashing everyone at most Last Round events for a year+. He does this in the same period of time that he addresses his feedback that you discuss.

So it's a toss-up to me what is more repetitious: DOA6 Christie combos or Kwiggle winning every tournament with DOA5 Christie?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It actually sounds like you are just recycling a lot of Dr. Impact's recent tweets. And no not an assumption. He publicly criticized Tina but he was dead quiet and all smiles when his formula with Christie was regularly smashing everyone at most Last Round events for a year+. He does this in the same period of time that he addresses his feedback that you discuss.

So it's a toss-up to me what is more repetitious: DOA6 Christie combos or Kwiggle winning every tournament with DOA5 Christie?

It's an assumption, you wan to connect his complaints about Tina with his complaints with DOA6 as a game. The same with Teru and Siologica. It's almost as if you want to see ulterior motives when someone don't enjoy DOA6 that much.

And talking about Dr.Impact, it isn't a secret that French scene (almost the whole EU DOA scene) hates DOA6 and that it's not due Tina.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It's an assumption, you wan to connect his complaints about Tina with his complaints with DOA6 as a game. The same with Teru and Siologica. It's almost as if you want to see ulterior motives when someone don't enjoy DOA6 that much.

And talking about Dr.Impact, it isn't a secret that French scene (almost the whole EU DOA scene) hates DOA6 and that it's not due Tina.

No. I put together that he has multiple reasons for not liking the game. I still also haven't heard one person say they are just playing it for the money. Even if they were that's how it works in a lot of sports. There are always people that will play for money if it is an option.

And yes I do see ulterior motives from many people these days. It is not uncommon.

Last edited:

Chaos

Being good at the game has nothing to do with a character viability. Also, go suck a nut with that shade of insult at my Hitomi play. Just because I have issues with the constant nerfing of my favorite character and making her feel one dimensional doesn't mean I think she's bad.

Kwiggle's twitter post nails it on the head with DoA6. Most of the characters got nerfed into the ground and they all play the exact same way. The game feels like DoA4.2 which is why I started playing Kula because she actually feels unique in a game that is super generic with most of the cast playing in the exact same one dimensional style.

"Kwiggle's twitter post nails it on the head with DoA6. Most of the characters got nerfed into the ground and they all play the exact same way. "

........Damn lopedo said the same thing :(

candynarwhal

when are they rolling out SP3, do we know?

I was under the impression that was gonna be today, but it was just the new patch and the bunny outfits...

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I use Kasumi Momiji Raidou and Mai Shiranui. Hitomi was done dirty yeah, it’s sad, but I think this goes for a lot of characters. Christie is also one of the victims that went from really cool and fun in 5 to just plain brain dead and boring.
Personally I believe that we will get a ultimate edition around September 2020 or februari 2021. It seems to be their thing to release new things in these months.

What I hope is the game can get a huge update before next gen, just like DOA5 with Ultimate (it was a re-release but the game got a huge improvement in the same generation).

Having to wait until next gen for a notorious improvement would be just too much in the state that this game is.

Akumasama

Kwiggle's twitter post nails it on the head with DoA6. Most of the characters got nerfed into the ground and they all play the exact same way. The game feels like DoA4.2 which is why I started playing Kula because she actually feels unique in a game that is super generic with most of the cast playing in the exact same one dimensional style.
This is a bit (!!!) of an exageration, it's nowhere close to the level of monodimensionality we saw in DoA4 (which I still liked as a game anyway, despite its many many flaws) imho.
But I can see merit in what you're saying.

A lot of characters have unique flair, but for the majority of the cast it all revolves into making a juggle, then a bounce, then another combo or a break blow.
So much bouncing on the floor, it's annoying. I'm fine with some characters having bounce but everybody has it and it's boring in the end.
Then there's fatal stun, but I guess that only applies to a few characters, some have multiple useful fatal stun moves, some others have only one with incredibly retarded conditions to proc, making it basically useless.

So I dunno, in the end I'm having a lot of fun in DoA6 and I don't think every character plays exactely the same as much as in DoA4, but at the same time there is a bit of truth in that, I'm afraid.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What I hope is the game can get a huge update before next gen, just like DOA5 with Ultimate (it was a re-release but the game got a huge improvement in the same generation).

Having to wait until next gen for a notorious improvement would be just too much in the state that this game is.
If they do make a huge update i hope it's done like SFV where you only needed that copy of the game and you won't need to start over with a new disc like Ultimate did. I don't think they even need to wait till next gen for graphical improvements and such since KOF and SC6 have added improvements like that without huge rehauls.

Gameplay wise I feel like everyone is how they'll play in DOA6 and you have to just adapt like how certain characters in LR weren't favorable in that game's style. Although more varied combos would be nice since with alot of characters you're performing the same general combo over and over with different variation xD

Jyu_Viole_Grace

If they do make a huge update i hope it's done like SFV where you only needed that copy of the game and you won't need to start over with a new disc like Ultimate did. I don't think they even need to wait till next gen for graphical improvements and such since KOF and SC6 have added improvements like that without huge rehauls.

Gameplay wise I feel like everyone is how they'll play in DOA6 and you have to just adapt like how certain characters in LR weren't favorable in that game's style. Although more varied combos would be nice since with alot of characters you're performing the same general combo over and over with different variation xD

I don't think DOA6 Hitomi plays as she was initially intended when they designed her.

As Raansu said, now she has worse pressure, worse setups, she had frametraps, she is more unsafe and even less combo routes (this like a lot other characters). Right now she is just a punish character because she no longer has the tools that she initially had.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think DOA6 Hitomi plays as she was initially intended when they designed her.

As Raansu said, now she has worse pressure, worse setups, she had frametraps, she is more unsafe and even less combo routes (this like a lot other characters). Right now she is just a punish character because she no longer has the tools that she initially had.
Yeah which is sad but unless TN buffs her or something the best thing to do is just adapt and such, I feel like if good players can make her work like Lord Xavier, than anyone can win with those characters. You just have to learn to use them how they play now, like Kasumi plays aggressive and i used to want to play her defensively but after realizing that's not her style I just taught myself how to play her more aggressively(which she can do since she has alot of frame traps and attacks that grant her the advantage her style hungers for. Hitomi seems like a character who's an all rounder and she uses some of Ein's moves iirc so maybe she's intended to be like him in this game where she focuses on punishment or situational pressure

Chaos

Good news Console gamers, DOA6 framerate is more stable and input delay isn't as bad as it was before. I'm trying my best to make sure my brain is not fucking with me LOL.

Raansu

This is a bit (!!!) of an exageration

But is it though?

A lot of characters have unique flair, but for the majority of the cast it all revolves into making a juggle, then a bounce, then another combo or a break blow.

Honestly, there's no real difference between a bound and a regular juggle. I'm not even really sure why they added them other that to have something "different" and to have something to combo into with break blows, which ironically most don't even use in that manner and save BB's to be used defensively lol.

So much bouncing on the floor, it's annoying. I'm fine with some characters having bounce but everybody has it and it's boring in the end.
Then there's fatal stun, but I guess that only applies to a few characters, some have multiple useful fatal stun moves, some others have only one with incredibly retarded conditions to proc, making it basically useless.

DoA6 - Everyone has Fatal rush and bounds and most stuns that were innescapable in doa5 you are now able to hold out of and a mixture of doa4 and 5 wall game.
DoA4 - Everyone had offensive holds and you could hold out of every single stun except for back turn stuns, but stagger escape let you turn around almost immediately.

Both games basically require everyone to take the exact same approach to the neutral game with faster characters again dominating. DoA6 has guaranteed damage off danger zones and some character mechanics at least, but overall the approach to a match is almost identical for every single character. It really and truly is DoA 4.2 when you sit down and look at it. Most of the cast is dumbed down and super negative on block leading most to rely on whiff punishment as nearly every move that was plus on block in 5 is not for some reason negative or barely plus enough to even matter.

So I dunno, in the end I'm having a lot of fun in DoA6 and I don't think every character plays exactely the same as much as in DoA4, but at the same time there is a bit of truth in that, I'm afraid.

There's a lot of truth to it. They play differently from each other, but the feel of how everything is "same, same" makes them very similar. Personally I didn't like 5LR because from 5U to 5LR it was just a spiral of nerfs. The last version of 5 I really liked was the patch that had hard knockdowns give guaranteed force techs. For once I didn't feel punished using Hitomi's 3h+k during that time frame because I could whiff punish you and immediately force you off the ground and not put myself in a negative situation of dealing with the WUK after punishing your mistake. It was nice in 4 as a whiff punish because it bounced for a juggle on counter hit, but they took that away from her in 5 and naturally in 3 and 2U it was a good move to punish, but I hated it because I immediately had to deal with the WUK.

Got off tangent there, but my point was even though I disliked 5LR, I'd take it over DoA6 any day of the week. That said, I still don't think any of the recent DoA's live up to DoA3 or DoA2U. I go back and play both all the time and they are just imo immensely better than last few iterations of DoA.

/rambling

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Yeah which is sad but unless TN buffs her or something the best thing to do is just adapt and such, I feel like if good players can make her work like Lord Xavier, than anyone can win with those characters. You just have to learn to use them how they play now, like Kasumi plays aggressive and i used to want to play her defensively but after realizing that's not her style I just taught myself how to play her more aggressively(which she can do since she has alot of frame traps and attacks that grant her the advantage her style hungers for. Hitomi seems like a character who's an all rounder and she uses some of Ein's moves iirc so maybe she's intended to be like him in this game where she focuses on punishment or situational pressure

More than not being able to win with her (she has insane damage after all) is that I don't enjoy playing with her which is sad for me.

As we discussed at Hitomi sub-forum, DOA6 Hitomi is DOA5 Hitomi but with less functional moves because these moves properties no longer exist in DOA6 or they just felt like would be fun to nerf them.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't know which character you play but as Hitomi player I just can't enjoy this game anymore. DOA6 Hitomi is just DOA5 Hitomi with less moves because a lot moves that had purpose in DOA5 now they don't have purpose or they are too risky for the reward (like 8k FS).

She is just boring to play, I really think she is even simpler than in DOA3.
I had a similar experience with Hayabusa. He's basically now a more boring version of his DOA5 counterpart but with worse neutral. Tier-wise he's fine because most everyone else got that treatment, but playing him just felt like playing a worse, kiddie version of DOA5. So, I switched mains, and have been having a much better experience. Granted, the experience is not half as good as the DOA5 experience, but it's something, and I'd recommend you give it a shot if you haven't. It distances the game from direct comparisons to 5, and while that doesn't erase the game's plethora of flaws and ineptitudes, it does make them more bearable.

Yeah Christies very boring now, I notice that ages ago. I hardly even play 6 at the mo, but when I do I've stopped using Christie cause she so dumb now, she looks boring and feels boring.
I tried playing Christie once, we got absolutely nowhere. I remembered how good she was in Doa5 Last Round and now they’ve totally ruined her.

As you said previously, she isn’t very fun to play anymore.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD