Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm pretty sure it means it's 1 ticket per colour and most likely only for the character you buy it on. 1 ticket for all 16 colours is too generous for me to believe that.

Dionysus

Always assume the worst when it comes to DLC greed. Also that character that Nico’s costume comes from is hilarious, they really doubled down on thickness in that game didn’t they.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm honestly intrigued to find out what KT cooked up there and what they will charge their dwindling number of loyal fans for these hair recolors...

l6MVoFc.gif

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I have no data one way or the other to indicate if loyal fan numbers are dwindling or not, but all I know is that I'm still here and I'm still playing. They aren't getting another cent out of me for now, though. They've got my +1 for showing up and playing online, hopefully that's good enough. SP4 is a nothingburger for me, I'll see in March/April if SP5 has anything worthwhile. If the Ryza costumes bring that soft engine or thigh jiggle update or whatever, fine that's cool. But I'm always up for more bug fixes! Can't wait for that next batch of bug fixes! :D (not sarcasm... seriously... the more I say the more you wont believe me, right? damn)

RetroMe91

I wouldn't say their loyal fans are "dwindling" just because you're one of the several people who only posts here to complain about whatever it is they do for cheap laughs
This. Spot on.

There are a lot of people like this forum like this. These people could get the list of stuff that they want in the game and still bitch about it. Yet somehow a lot of these same people are highly respected in this forum. It’s so backwards here versus other game forums. I’m used to other forums hyping the game and making every addition exciting, but here even the exciting things get immediately picked apart by “loyal fans”.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Fans have just as much right to be happy or have praise about the way the game's going as they have a right to be upset or complain. I wish fans wouldn't keep turning on eachother though. I see both sides of the fandom being represented here just fine, no need for us to fall into a line or anything.

RetroMe91

Fans have just as much right to be happy or have praise about the way the game's going as they have a right to be upset or complain. I wish fans wouldn't keep turning on eachother though. I see both sides of the fandom being represented here just fine, no need for us to fall into a line or anything.
I agree and generally I am more middle ground, but you have to admit that there is a large amount of negativity here amongst the fans here.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This. Spot on.

There are a lot of people like this forum like this. These people could get the list of stuff that they want in the game and still bitch about it. Yet somehow a lot of these same people are highly respected in this forum. It’s so backwards here versus other game forums. I’m used to other forums hyping the game and making every addition exciting, but here even the exciting things get immediately picked apart by “loyal fans”.
Right but tbh that's just the cool thing to do now, just post to roast the game for some quick likes xD I would have preferred if the hair color was free but I don't mind paying either. If we go out and show TN we want something like this, they're gonna give us more in the future which I definitely want to happen.
I don't mind when there are complaints, me and @Onryoki be talking all the time and there's things we both dislike but we're not here just coming out the wood works to roast the game either xD you can be dissatisfied without it being obnoxious or just coming off as cheap and remedial, especially when the only time you post is to complain. That honestly kinda irks me and pisses me off when you're sitting here only complaining

Onryoki

Standard Donor
i get the complaints and most of them are valid, but it seems like with every patch there’s always people complaining, or posting news about other games like Tekken selling X amount of copies just to ignore the fact that TN actually made big changes in 1.19 and 1.20.

Long story short: DOA6 has a lot of shortcomings but I do see TN trying to make things better and even then people are still complaining. Hairstyle colours being PS4 exclusive is shitty, but they must’ve had their reasons. I think we just have to wait for the update to see if Xbox does get it. I still have a hard time believing it’s console exclusive, I think w PS4 it costs tickets and with Xbox it costs money.

I see more “fans” tearing down the game and flat out advertising other games on a the forum rather than actually trying to be positive and making the game despite its shortcomings appealing to others. People mostly quit DOA because of how the community is, rather than DOA actually being that bad.

Only a handful of people here are also looking at the positive sides while remaining critical. Being positive about the game you love isn’t “blind optimism” just saying.

FSD is supposed to be the DOA forum where new players should come to, but most people stay away from this amazing forum, simply because of how the community is on this forum. And with community I mean every single one of us. If I was a new player I wouldn’t be on this forum for long because it lacks contribution to the gameplay threads, the status bar is more about other games than DOA, (and when it’s about DOA it’s often negative.), and the sub forums are full of negativity and hate towards the game. I think we all should try to make this forum more appealing towards new fans because the game is mostly dead because of the community itself.

Also shoutouts to @KasumiLover, @Force_of_Nature and many others who keep contributing to the game and forums.

Last edited:

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I can kinda see it from the perspective of you guys too, yeah. I can only speak for myself, I can't really control what other people do, but fans of any fighting game tend to be fans of fighting games in general and, whither we promote other games or not, most fans check out what the "competition" has as well, and if they switch to something else or try something else while keeping tabs on DoA that's their perogative. I don't only see positive news about other games, but the negative stuff too, and it's usually in the proper thread or in profile posts, which I'm assuming acts like the board's OT (every board needs an OT thread, this is just the first time I've seen it done this way) @Matt Ponton or @deathofaninja can correct me if I'm wrong. But I can see how it might be a problem seeing OT stuff right on the front page like that next to the main news about the game. Anyways, doesn't matter which game you go to, there's problems, but I guess DoA fans might tend to be more critical than other fans. Maybe when there's more people talking about a game in general it's easier to hide or not see the complaints as much. Personally I like to try to not be outright completely negative even if I'm feeling that way, even if I feel I have every right to be upset, maybe I can try to look at the bright side too whenever expressing a disappointment, but sometimes I can't blame others if they go that far if that's what they want. Not saying you guys are wrong, I'm just sharing my perspective.

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I’m just looking at how much activity happens on the forums lately and it feels like there are way less active members than during the DOA5 era. There’s no talk of DOA tournaments, less cosplay photos, less people excited about the contests, and just less activity in general. The DOAX forums have more activity than the main game does. So I guess I just miss those days. DOA5 has many issues upon release too, but people stuck around and stayed positive, yet still gave honest critique. I am just so confused on how this community turned jaded at some point.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
@RetroMe91 - yeah I noticed the missing presance of a lot of people too and mentioned it a while back, and @Force_of_Nature brought up how most people are on Discord or Twitter or something these days, so part of the problem lies with that I think.

But funny thing, I'd say negativity and the lament about people being negative has been a thing as long as I've been keeping up with the community, even before DoA5 came out, lol. It actually may have only gotten a bit better during DoA5's time, actually. I think it's more because of how much people want to see DoA reach the potential we all know is there, but also at the same time being frustrated about the fair/unfair outside perception with the series.

Jadeinchains

The forum was definitely popping during like the golden days of DoA5-DoA5U-DoA5LR. Those were really good times on the forum :) ( and around about the time of DOA5U was when I joined iirc ;) )

i think we'd all love if the forum managed at some point to return to that level of active posters and excitement on the forum, I know ( and it's been discussed heavily ) that the launch of DoA6 and the following weeks/months were not what people expected/hoped for and it pushed people away from doa6 ( and therefore the forum )
But I hope that eventually, Maybe through a DOA6U, that the forum will be more active again.

At least it does seem like they are doing/adding things and making changes to make it better over time. A And Tamaki coming next month is gonna be cool. :)

but yeah I can understand why people have positive things to say and I can get why people have negative things to say but I just hope going forward TN will do things that make the general opinion more positive than negative.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I’m just looking at how much activity happens on the forums lately and it feels like there are way less active members than during the DOA5 era. There’s no talk of DOA tournaments, less cosplay photos, less people excited about the contests, and just less activity in general. The DOAX forums have more activity than the main game does. So I guess I just miss those days. DOA5 has many issues upon release too, but people stuck around and stayed positive, yet still gave honest critique. I am just so confused on how this community turned jaded at some point.

So you fully agreed with a post that disputes there is a dwindeling number of fans and that claims that it is only particularly me and a few others that are just overly negative...and a while later you describe yourself a massive loss of participants in this forum and in general the DOA community. Right...

It's also not just in this forum. You should see other forums that had a thriving DOA community going on for years. They are pretty much dead at this point. Nobody is writing there anymore, nobody is playing the game anymore. It especially sucks, because I made DOA6 graphics for all characters and stages for a DOA6 topic in another big forum and while excitement for the game was pretty big all the months leading up to its release, a few months after release hardly anyone posted there anymore, and DOA had a lively undisrupted discussion there for years. This never happened before. It's sad...and not just because I made the graphics for nothing. ;)

I wouldn't say their loyal fans are "dwindling" just because you're one of the several people who only posts here to complain about whatever it is they do for cheap laughs

And it's already been shown that it'll cost 1 ticket which means that's roughly 1.99 for two tickets iirc.

So I guess you are talking to me again even though you are apparently wary of directly replying to me or tagging me? Hi. :) Wow, it's been a long time...

There is definitely a number of dwindling fans. You may in general want to disagree with me on everything, but come on, it is fairly obvious. You guys are being like:

source.gif

I do get it though. I have become so disappointed of DOA6, of the game itself, of its marketing and KTs future plans for it that I am admittedly often negative and I guess I try to mask that by making fun of the whole situation, and I do get that this is super annoying to the people that are actually fine with the current situation.
I am equally annoyed by people like that to be honest. As a very wise forumer has recently said though, and you seemed to agree with him at least, let different people have different opinions, there's no reason to go after eachother personally.

I will dial down the sarcasm in this news thread. It has maybe been a bit much in the last couple of days. I also did make my last post before properly checking how the pricing is handled. Thanks for that info and I guess 1 buck for 16 hair color options for one character is acceptable, even though for free would have been the actually fair thing to still loyal fans of the series (and to all fans not just on PS4). I might actually purchase a couple of hair color sets for a few of my faves though.

Last edited:

zoo

As far as low activity here.. if the game offered more, more people would be willing to talk about and play it. Sure DOA5 started slow but it was nowhere near the train wreck 6 was so I think most here either moved on or are waiting to see if Ultimate happens.

It’s not that people are wanting to complain (well maybe some are), it’s just they aren’t blind to the game actively ripping its players off. I only check back here not because I have faith in 6 doing anything smart, but because I actually enjoy talking about DOA. Person likes DOA, person goes to DOA forum. And the community here is quite respectable compared to others I lurk. Tbh I was actually one of the more positive ones here pre release until KT showed they don’t care for DOA anymore, and have even commended a few things about it. Some of my favorite base costumes are in 6, I like some of the stages more than most, the break blows are fun to do... The latest balance update was a step forward and were finally getting a new woman that isn’t 12. For everyone else though it’s kinda too late unless the game gets a big overhaul. When KT consistently show they don’t care about supporting their game, even disrespecting its players by not streaming the entire top 8 at the game’s biggest tournament, go figure the players start to not care and not fall for its scams. I try to only really contribute when there’s a discussion going on, so I’m not just hoping on here like “oh hey DO6 SUCKS am I right guys??” lol but the low activity isn’t difficult to understand. I think the biggest thing is there’s just not much NEW stuff, most of the DLC has been recycled so it’s hard to even talk about. Should more people talk like this?: “Marie’s new golden dress is FAB, those rehashed Christmas dresses give me LIFE, Rachel is saving DOA with her FIERCE!” As much as I’d love to be a walking advertisement for this game I’ll thankfully spare people reading.

Admittedly I haven’t done much in the gameplay threads mostly because I was looking to make 6 my venture into the competitive side of DOA and tried seriously learning characters from observing, but I gave up on that fairly quick after realizing how little I enjoyed its gameplay. But really, it’s silly to blame people who are disappointed in their game rather than the game itself. Want more people to play and talk about your game? Don’t make one so vastly inferior to its predecessor.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD