Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

werewolfgold

It seems like DOA6 has more than 50 locations. I think I heard Cory talk about it a time or two in the draft board, but I didn't write any stories for arcade.

This update has more to do with Tamaki? Can someone shed some light on the arcade version of the game?
The arcade version has been out since last year. They just said that Tamaki is going to be added to it to be on par with the consoles.

I'll also mention that the Japanese tweet uses the term "indefinite hold" (無期限の休止) when it comes to support while the English says "final". The difference being what you want to make of it, but I would hope that the internal team understands there's a small nuance between those two terms.

I guess the ship is sinking all the same. Without more knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, I don't see a reason to look at it optimistically.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The arcade version has been out since last year. They just said that Tamaki is going to be added to it to be on par with the consoles.

I'll also mention that the Japanese tweet uses the term "indefinite hold" (無期限の休止) when it comes to support while the English says "final". The difference being what you want to make of it, but I would hope that the internal team understands there's a small nuance between those two terms.

I guess the ship is sinking all the same. Without more knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, I don't see a reason to look at it optimistically.

The last statement could have been made a year ago and it would still be accurate today.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Top Players of Dead or Alive are reverting their game back to Dead or Alive 5. Lopedo wanted me to get the word out so that's what I'm doing. XcaliburBladeZ has also shown me some interest in returning to Dead or Alive 5 as well as Rikuto. Tune in and I'm sure the match quality will stun people in comparison to what they've been viewing recently.

We had a much higher interest and huge roster of DOA players. Can we go back to that???

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Top Players of Dead or Alive are reverting their game back to Dead or Alive 5. Lopedo wanted me to get the word out so that's what I'm doing. XcaliburBladeZ has also shown me some interest in returning to Dead or Alive 5 as well as Rikuto. Tune in and I'm sure the match quality will stun people in comparison to what they've been viewing recently.

We had a much higher interest and huge roster of DOA players. Can we go back to that???

Well yeah, definitely! I’m all for it.

marussya

One of my buddy at Koei Techmo told me that this year KT will focus on release some new titles(he can't say the titles due to the company policy) so I assume that they stops supporting some old game this year in order to focus resource on new titles
Does it mean Ninja Gaiden is soon? Because with DOA6 support ending, Nioh release (of course DLC coming, but it won't require so much time and attention ) They is obviously doing something

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
For heads up, Manny (MASTER) says that only the DLC is ending support. Balance and bug fixes updates is still going apparently. Feel free to ask him via Twitter or any other social media platform he's on.

Also check out Itagaki's official FB through his comments. Even he himself wants DOA to completely cease continuation and to permanently stop at 6 as he feels DOA is being tarnished. The moment Greg linked him the DOA6 tweet about DLC support is over, he wrote "thank you, but no more. stop the project forever."

Itagaki can't really do anything to be fair lol, that man has got to let go.

Last edited:

RagnorRob

I'll probably be playing other games with the occasional casual DOA5 mixed in. I would be willing to come back to DOA6 though if they do an ultimate version and I see certain changes:

I wrote this on eventhubs and I'll write it here to. I hope we see an ultimate version of this game before the year is out. I would play an ultimate DOA6 if they change their direction and little and add enough new content to justify a new game. I would want: (1) some of the more famous classic stages of the quality this franchise used to be known for (beautiful and/or multi-tiered and dynamic ones like Ariel Gardens, Home, or Temple of the Dragon/Sakura), (2) stop toning down/censoring the fan service from what it was in DOA5 (just accept that this is the house you built and embrace it), (3) add a few new characters...I do love the new sexy female characters but also maybe think about adding a male from time to time, (4) add more win/loss poses and character interactions, and (5) stop nickle-and-diming for things that are free in other games such as hair color changes (the game is already expensive enough...don't insult your fans by pushing extra charges on them for things that are free in other games...maybe think about reinvesting a little of that revenue in occasional free new stages or cosmetic features to keep the game fresh and to say thank you to players).

RagnorRob

If they are working on all new titles, I think it would be cool to see a new fighting game IP. I would love to see them do sort of a TN designed Soul Calibur type game, with Nioh-inspired setting and characters. Something darker and more serious, but also visually stunning. They could offer a few sexier option characters but, since they are setting the tone from scratch, keep it more reasonable so it doesn't become the identity of the game.

SaihateDYNAMO

If they are working on all new titles, I think it would be cool to see a new fighting game IP. I would love to see them do sort of a TN designed Soul Calibur type game, with Nioh-inspired setting and characters. Something darker and more serious, but also visually stunning. They could offer a few sexier option characters but, since they are setting the tone from scratch, keep it more reasonable so it doesn't become the identity of the game.
Tecmo’s been sitting on a dormant fighting game IP for almost 25 years now.
1707827-angel_eyes.jpg
Given it was an all-girls fighter, it’s crazy how they never crossed it over with DOA, which makes me think they forgot about it =/ I wouldn’t mind if they brought this game back since it would make the waifu crowd happy lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Tecmo’s been sitting on a dormant fighting game IP for almost 25 years now.
1707827-angel_eyes.jpg
Given it was an all-girls fighter, it’s crazy how they never crossed it over with DOA, which makes me think they forgot about it =/ I wouldn’t mind if they brought this game back since it would make the waifu crowd happy lol.

Oh that 2D game, Tokidensho Angel Eyes. That game actually didn't do so well in the JPN arcades and PlayStation, and the designers and programmers (Eigo, Asamin, and Jun) who made it left Tecmo to work with Konami. They forgot about it because well...the answer was there. It didn't do so well. But I think it had potential since it used unique motion sprites and some 3D modeling, it was a pretty fun wacky game from I hear.

With present time technology, it's a possibility to make that game at least decent I guess, and straight up fanservice to keep it on life support. The game is a 2D fighter though. Doubt TN would make the attempts to make it a 3D since it was originally made as a 2D fighter in mind.

Maybe if DOA series flopped extra hard, they'd use this as the next cash grab.

Last edited:

Jotamide

Well yeah, definitely! I’m all for it.
+1

I only played a bit of vanilla DOA5 and bought the game late into LR. I'd be all for starting to play it online again.

Could we please get pingable LFG matchmaking roles in the FSD Discord to aid in this? Forums are nice for disscussion but there's a reason everyone looks for games on Discord.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
+1

I only played a bit of vanilla DOA5 and bought the game late into LR. I'd be all for starting to play it online again.

Could we please get pingable LFG matchmaking roles in the FSD Discord to aid in this? Forums are nice for disscussion but there's a reason everyone looks for games on Discord.

It's possible, best to ask Matt about it. During DOA5 times, Discord wasn't a major thing (probably not at all at that time) because of the lack of social media connections, I'd say it wasn't until the PC version of DOA5LR was a thing up until the announcement to DOA6, which was very late of it's lifespan with anything DOA5 related. Twitch wasn't a big thing back in the PS3/Xbox 360 days of DOA5 vanilla so it was tough to promote it. If DOA5 came out right now as we speak, it might of had an even bigger impact.

DOA5U was the big boomer to it all when it came to everything, which is possibly the strongest DOA entry point. Forum was a bit popular, casual threads, you'd find some consistent tech posting and topics to improve a character, media library was populated with many DOA videos of every positive form, core fighters, lots and lots of lobbies etc.

I'm sure there's a channel for it on the FSD discord, but it's really up to the communities at that point I would imagine.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
For heads up, Manny (MASTER) says that only the DLC is ending support. Balance and bug fixes updates is still going apparently. Feel free to ask him via Twitter or any other social media platform he's on.

Also check out Itagaki's official FB through his comments. Even he himself wants DOA to completely cease continuation and to permanently stop at 6 as he feels DOA is being tarnished. The moment Greg linked him the DOA6 tweet about DLC support is over, he wrote "thank you, but no more. stop the project forever."

Itagaki can't really do anything to be fair lol, that man has got to let go.

I doubt that will last long if there is no dlc to go with it, but it does sound like they will at least fix Tamaki before they pull the cord.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I doubt that will last long if there is no dlc to go with it, but it does sound like they will at least fix Tamaki before they pull the cord.

Probably not. Though getting that character fixed up to be tournament playable is a good start for people that want to compete in that game.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
DOA 3.1 is considered the closest thing to DOA's 3rd Strike, isn't it? Though it's much harder to keep old 3D fighters alive than 2D ones I guess. There has to be some effort by KT to make the older games more readily accessible with modern systems. DOA1-4 should have at least gotten the same treatment as the Ninja Gaidens have on XBO by now.

Nice to see Angel Eyes brought up here, didn't see that coming. I was actually playing it a few weeks ago... REALLY wish it had been translated, there's so much story for some reason. Seems like it has more story than all of DOA combined, lol. I always wondered why DOA had literally no reference to the game all the way up until Tina got a shirt with a reference to it in DOA5LR. The biggest hurdle to that game coming back is that it was a Japan-only release and it flopped even in Japan... it's unlikely we'll ever see them do anything with it again other than the occassional reference.

E24K Lawson

With how Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore was ported to the PSN store five years ago, you'd think that Team Ninja would give the same treatment to Dead or Alive 3, 1 & 2 Ultimate, and 4 for the Xbox One. And I'm not referring to backwards compatibility, before anyone brings that up.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Crazy Steady has been on fire with 5. I watch him frequently and he spends far less time looking for lobbies. That's one of the key unfortunate things about 6 is it has an awful lobby systems I don't know if it's just so dead it is dead or if the online is just so bad it doesn't find lobbies. But shouts to Crazy with a pretty strong stream turnout for 5 like the last three or four hours.

A lot of pros on Twitter revealing they are going back to 5 and a lot of people are saying this is a step back and it kind of is but at least it shows how strong of a game 5 was and that it still holds up to this day.

You don't realize how important the VF characters actually were to DOA until you are rekindled with moments you see them perform. The matches that got people off of their feet at DOA tournaments typically included a VF character

Remember Crazy Steady Jacky and "YEAAAAAH" crowd chants? Just look at these exchanges between PL and him

Or how about JC Akira HUUUGE win? People exploded for that Akira

This shit inspired me to play on many levels. THE longevity of DOA5 you must admit was the most impressive thing about the series post Itagaki.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD