Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I can't wait to see how silly everyone who said DOA6 wouldn't have a sequel will look if something is shown xD

I think tho that there should be a heads up for anyone thinking that doa will suddenly not have a meter and such that thats not likely gonna be the case. They're probably just gonna readjust the mechanics but that doesn't mean that BBs and meter will suddenly just be gone, the whole comeback mechanics and meter thing will be here to stay as long as T7 and SC6 and other games have their similar mechanics.

Doa6 will ge even more desolate if they remove the break mechanics and if they bring back the 5LR mechanics then the game isn't really growing either, it'd be as if they just took a step back just to stop complaints which I think would be lame since all games need to evolve and change. They're gonna have to do alot tho for me to be willing to get a whole new copy if they do show or tease a doa6U, I don't think it'll be Doa6 I because that sounds dumb to realize another major installment just a year after a game's vanilla base release imo

Leifang

I see what you did there @Leifang

sadwillsmith2.jpg

lol
lol You got it. XD
2301EFA8-4CC5-4569-A21C-EF22B3749506.gif

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I can't wait to see how silly everyone who said DOA6 wouldn't have a sequel will look if something is shown xD

I think tho that there should be a heads up for anyone thinking that doa will suddenly not have a meter and such that thats not likely gonna be the case. They're probably just gonna readjust the mechanics but that doesn't mean that BBs and meter will suddenly just be gone, the whole comeback mechanics and meter thing will be here to stay as long as T7 and SC6 and other games have their similar mechanics.

Doa6 will ge even more desolate if they remove the break mechanics and if they bring back the 5LR mechanics then the game isn't really growing either, it'd be as if they just took a step back just to stop complaints which I think would be lame since all games need to evolve and change. They're gonna have to do alot tho for me to be willing to get a whole new copy if they do show or tease a doa6U, I don't think it'll be Doa6 I because that sounds dumb to realize another major installment just a year after a game's vanilla base release imo

But wasn't 5U less than a year or right around that time? They said DOA6 is done so it will either be Ultimate 6 or a game that doesn't have the meter.

Basically they have to pick a side because the community is too spilt for everyone to be happy.

That's also not the only split. When some people here tasteful costumes it's over for them so I'm not sure a new DOA game would be effective.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
But wasn't 5U less than a year or right around that time? They said DOA6 is done so it will either be Ultimate 6 or a game that doesn't have the meter.

Basically they have to pick a side because the community is too spilt for everyone to be happy.

That's also not the only split. When some people here tasteful costumes it's over for them so I'm not sure a new DOA game would be effective.
5U wasn't a new installment tho, it was basically just DOA5 with a new launcher PL mechanic, new stages, characters, and an overhauled tag mode since vanilla tag was garbage imo since there was no real health caps. 5U and LR didn't remove the mechanics either, they just overhauled them and made the needed adjustments. If 6U happens they're not gonna remove the meter, it's here to stay as long as other games have a comeback mechanic since 6 would be dry af with no meter, no fatal stun etc, it needs something to make it varied like with what T7 added. They tried to keep it simple with rage and bound but both didn't really add much to the game, especially since rage is near useless unless you're lucky enough to get a solid momentum change.

I think in 6U they need to add somethinf new, like I was thinking they could maybe remove the sabaki property ftom the BB and turn the sidestep attacks into a new standalone move(example: Give Kasumi back her old SS moves and make that new one her 236K and make it have the sabaki property so it can absorb attacks and knock back like the normal SS attacks in DOA6 but make it cost health like how T7 does their rage arts, since if you're low on health and just rattle out a rage art, you're either dead before it comes out or it'll be blocked and the opponent gets a guaranteed attack to beat you.) But besides the point they can't just up and make a DOA7 since I doubt they have enough story progression and game system evolution to warrant a 7th game. They're better off taking what they did wrong with 6 vanilla and using that to flesh out an Ultimate game.

And I don't think they need to split anything tbh, costumes are always gonna be hit and miss but DOA6 was pretty well received with the actual new costumes we got, the wedding dlc, pirate dlc, and the sci fi pack and witch pack were good but they need to stop making the packs aimed at only the girls and they also need to discard the revival packs, it was a cute concept when the bunny dlc was up but after like the high society pack it was just a waste, that slot could have went to more design fan challenge costumes which really pissed alot of people off. They also should add some more gameplay evolution since the wall game being changed was one of my favorite changes imo, they could use that and may be add more throw breaks outside of throw punishes on counter hits and other stuff since the patch changes were always very limited with the changes they added, like they were afraid to do anything besides that Honoka change and the ground game change

KwonJigglypuff

I'm not really expecting anything from this stream.

But... In an ideal world, I'd be happy with any DOA news (DOA6U, DOA7, DOA TAG ANIME DOLLZ, DOA on Switch, DOA Dimensions 2, Marie-Rose Gaiden, etc.)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's mostly just a panel with Q&As (usually), it's rare currently to see reveals there and the closest one to come for it at the moment is probably Soul Calibur with their character DLC rumors. The last time DOA was on something like that for a sort of roundtable was back in 5U, except Hayashi was there at the time instead of Shimbori for who knows why, considering Shimbori directed 5 as well.

SaihateDYNAMO

I feel like Shimbori’s going to start off with a super-formal apology to the fans regarding how DOA6 turned out as well as some vague statement about the future of DOA.

Honestly though, what would be the most pressing/important DOA related questions for him to answer? Besides netcode, of course.

Also I hate that Marie or even Honoka Gaiden could actually be a thing considering how modern-day KT operates; a game solely starring those two would sell gangbusters, as sad as that sounds. It would probably have an actual budget too, unlike the sixth entry of a certain long-running fighting game franchise...

It's mostly just a panel with Q&As (usually), it's rare currently to see reveals there and the closest one to come for it at the moment is probably Soul Calibur with their character DLC rumors. The last time DOA was on something like that for a sort of roundtable was back in 5U, except Hayashi was there at the time instead of Shimbori for who knows why, considering Shimbori directed 5 as well.
I think this is kind of a different case since this was announced in the wake of EVO Online’s sudden cancellation. My guess is that this doubles as both a typical Q&A session as well as a place for everyone to show what they were originally planning to show at EVO.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I feel like Shimbori’s going to start off with a super-formal apology to the fans regarding how DOA6 turned out as well as some vague statement about the future of DOA.

Honestly though, what would be the most pressing/important DOA related questions for him to answer? Besides netcode, of course.

Also I hate that Marie or even Honoka Gaiden could actually be a thing considering how modern-day KT operates; a game solely starring those two would sell gangbusters, as sad as that sounds. It would probably have an actual budget too, unlike the sixth entry of a certain long-running fighting game franchise...

I think this is kind of a different case since this was announced in the wake of EVO Online’s sudden cancellation. My guess is that this doubles as both a typical Q&A session as well as a place for everyone to show what they were originally planning to show at EVO.

I agree yeah, you might even be spot on actually because it very could be that and then just call it a day there with the whole EVO situation or apology. If it's just an apology then I think it's pretty fine imo considering he's more sincere about it compared to the higher ups but hey. Literally just doing his job lol.

With the whole story situation and budget, if it's like a case of "should I sacrifice even more DOA integrity for more Marie Rose/Honoka friendship power up story to obtain more budget and actual attention because people like this" then damn... honestly, if I have to give up a good story for a solid game then shit guess I'll take it lel. If anything, I think the well earned bad publicity DOA has received might amp them up to finally give the game some huge attention for development for a DOA6U or a DOA7. DOA never been in a bad publicity situation "like this" so it could be a start.

But with Shimbori being there this time, I think the Q&As might be moderately decent and positive, there might be some things he's probably just not allowed to answer so there's that too I guess. Compared to Hayashi on the other hand, Hayashi when he was last there was super quiet. It's like anything DOA related he would dodge questions like it's dodgeball checking his watch every minute, or he's in a rush to leave because he left the stove on. But when it comes to NG3RE related or anything else, he's the most talkative person in the world.

mizking

I'm waiting for the Marie and Honoka McDonald's toys

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor

The worse thing is they ignore everything and pretend it never happen, kinda how every Japanese dev thinks their net code is good even when people complain 24/7. Depending on how the talk show works they may even try to dodge questions, I hope this isn't the case.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD