The King of Fighters Series

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
EX Moves are still a thing again. This time they will not require Max Mode like in XIV.
The idea of EX Moves in KOF did not become a thing until XIII. There is a part of me that wonders if there are going to be game mechanic cues taken from XIII (specifically, the Hyper Drive mechanic, as far as cancels are concerned).

I really hope that Geese comes back, along side Mary and Luong (though, I highly doubt the Luong is going to be left behind just like. Most of the newer characters... most of them... were well-received).

human013

Seeing the discourse within the KOF community has been hilarious since the reveal. KOF stans are trying way too hard attacking GG when GG doesn't even care about KOF. Anime fighter vs anime fighter like BB vs GG? That makes sense. Tekken vs DOA vs SC? Yeah, that also makes sense because they're all 3d fighters. But KOF vs GG? They are completely different gameplay wise and as far as I know there is no major overlap in playerbase. Like, who are the KOF people trying to convince to play their game? How does this help? lol
EsXkq0gXIAApZND.jpg

Apparently, when you take the GG models out of the game, the models look bad so that means KOF looks good now... Somehow... However, what they don't realize when they use stuff like this to bash Arcsys is that if Arcsys can make a bad model look good in a 2014 GG, then it's even more unacceptable for KOF to have amateur looking models and graphics in 2021. KOF stans need to remember that the style Arcsys uses is already considered to be easy and low effort by all the "experts" and "game developers" within the FGC so they shouldn't be surprised to see criticism when their legitimate indie looking game comes along.

Ninoasker

yes im sure (1) tweet in a sea of tweets sums up the opinion of literally the entire KOF community

girl we get it u hate KOFXV's graphics can u move on already we dgaf go play other fighter and forget KOFXV exists if it bothers u that much

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Benimaru KOFXV Trailer.
He is apparently with Shun'ei and Meitenkun now on the same team.
SNK already made the implication that the teams are going to be somewhat unorthodox this time around.

Beni usually good in most of the games that he shows up in.

On a minor note:
blob (6).jpg

blob (7).jpg

Screenshot_20210127-223711.jpg

Don't like the direction of KOFXV? I will say this again: Invest in another franchise and support that instead.

Last edited:

Shiranui

Don't like the direction of KOFXV? I will say this again: Invest in another franchise and support that instead.
I disagree. I support, like and play KOF but still I have an opinion and my own tastes about game art. You like it? Good. I think it could be much better and I feel a bit down because of that, but still I'm gonna buy it and play it.
I perfer this style, to be honest (specifically, Mai)
(man, if I just can play this game.. I love it!)

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I disagree. I support, like and play KOF but still I have an opinion and my own tastes about game art. You like it? Good. I think it could be much better and I feel a bit down because of that, but still I'm gonna buy it and play it.
I perfer this style, to be honest (specifically, Mai)
(man, if I just can play this game.. I love it!)
I've made a statement like this once before in this same thread.

I never said you *couldn't* have an opinion. I *did* say that there are games that warrant criticism, even if you do play them.

As I said. If you *really* don't like a specific game, don't play it. Invest in another game.
If you still want to play XV then you go right on ahead.

Derock

Question of the week:

Iori's teammates is going to be his 96 team, once more (Mature and Vice)...

Or...

He will team up with Kyo (and this may bring back Chizuru) to reform the Sacred Treasures Team?

Shiranui

I remember SNK saying that teams will be different this time, so yeah, let's expect some changes. "Shatter your expectations" ...
Considering Yagami's KOF XIV ending Sacred Teasures Team could be a possibility . But I just hope Mature will make the cut somehow. She's in my team.

As for Iori, is nice to see him a bit improved visually. In KOF XIV was one of the hardest characters to watch.

Last edited:

human013

They need to release a trailer showing what's new in this game because these short trailers don't make it look much different from past games.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Meh, if he doesn't have his signature pose where he reaches down his shorts like in the 2D games I'm not interested in him tbh, he looks better tho. When Sie Kensou is revealed is when I'll really be interested xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD