The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
First things first (to the mods and admins), I apologize for the double post. But I came across this:
23_rumors.jpg

Please note that this came from the guy who leaked Final Fantasy XV.

deiteu

I'm sorry for being slightly off topic but is there any way to add subtitles for Vanilla VF5? I just got it yesterday.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm sorry for being slightly off topic but is there any way to add subtitles for Vanilla VF5? I just got it yesterday.
Unfortunately, Virtua Fighter doesn't have a subtitles option.

Also, I really hope that another Virtua Fighter game really is in the works. I can only imagine how beautiful VF6 will look on current gen consoles.

deiteu

Unfortunately, Virtua Fighter doesn't have a subtitles option.

Also, I really hope that another Virtua Fighter game really is in the works. I can only imagine how beautiful VF6 will look on current gen consoles.

Ah thank you! That's too bad because I would have loved to know what some of them say.

And I agree. Hope we get an announcement next year for a new VF!

synce

First things first (to the mods and admins), I apologize for the double post. But I came across this:
23_rumors.jpg

Please note that this came from the guy who leaked Final Fantasy XV.

How can anyone possibly know all of that? To me it just reads like a wishlist... But yeah I'd kill for VF6. Not some card game or F2P bullshit

Yurlungur

I don't remember why, but i think i read somewhere that the new system was done in order to ensure that akira remained high up for vf5
The producers believed since he's extremely difficult to use you should be rewarded heavily

Ghosty-J

I don't remember why, but i think i read somewhere that the new system was done in order to ensure that akira remained high up for vf5
The producers believed since he's extremely difficult to use you should be rewarded heavily
As it should be in my opinion. Being the main character and all, it would make sense XD
I also fought Oneida in VF5FS the other night. Y'know, the guy who made the VF gifs we're sometimes using in the thread. His Lau Chan is ruthless. I never knew he could be so deadly x_x

CFW

I found FS much more comfortable to play as opposed to the vanilla version of VF5, how to VF players feel about the changes? I know a lot of players don't like FS.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I found FS much more comfortable to play as opposed to the vanilla version of VF5, how to VF players feel about the changes? I know a lot of players don't like FS.
The reason given because of the learning curve. Back in VF5 and past VF games, the learning curve was just right for them. Final Showdown appealed to beginners who have never played a VF game before. I remember someone complained about Goh being too easy to learn compared to how he was in VF4 Evo and VF5.

Reactions: CFW

Radiance

I find the learning curve in Virtua Fighter to be an Illusion. If you're a good reader, listener, can practice matchup's and apply what you've learned players will do well. It did not take me that long to get the gist of the game. I'll admit I did bad at virtua fighter 5, but that was because I wasn't doing a good job at learning the game, and I was playing players online who had years of experience so I had no idea what I was doing. The things i've mentioned are key to getting better at VF, or any fighter. But the learning curve crap to me is just a mental blockade imo.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Virtua Fighter is honestly not that hard to get into, but at the same time, there is a huge amount of depth in the game. It's a game where you really much know a lot of the advanced technical side of fighting games in order to win. Also, utilizing the system mechanics properly is a huge thing in this game. However, that's what I love about VF. The control scheme seems simple of the surface, but once you take the time to learn your character and the game, you see just how much depth and complexity are in the series.

Ghosty-J

Bumping the thread to say that Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition is on sale at the PSN store for $6 until the 16th of this month! If you haven't booted that sucker up and bought it already, then what are you waiting for? HOP TO IT!

Shuu.jpg

Koompbala

I seen that got both day 1 of release. I don't give a shit about that deal since I got it long ago. I just wanna port at this point. I'm officially on current gen, and have left the old Gen behind.

Ghosty-J

I seen that got both day 1 of release. I don't give a shit about that deal since I got it long ago. I just wanna port at this point. I'm officially on current gen, and have left the old Gen behind.
Rumors circulating around a VF6 coming sort of implies that a port is very unlikely. Of course I don't mind the deal too much since I've had the game since day 1, but it's a great opportunity to get some new players into it now that it's ridiculously affordable. For now that is.

WisperG

Is VF5FS worth it if I'll be spending 95% of my time playing offline by myself? I heard it lacks the Quest mode from vanilla VF5 for some reason, which seemed to be where the meat of the single-player content was.

Although I guess $6 is a reasonable blind-buy price since it comes with all the DLC.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Really wish this deal was around when I decided to purchase VF5FS awhile back. I never bought any DLC for the game, because I hardly have anyone to play with these days. So while I enjoy costumes and customization, it would be a waste to buy them now because the game is kind of dead.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD