DOA6 Version 1.15 Released - New Slow Motion Effect

Team NINJA has released yet another new patch for Dead or Alive 6 including free game changes & paid DLC for all platforms! Players discovered new gameplay adjustments hours before the patch notes dropped at Team NINJA's official website. New 'Training Gear' DLC has been released, and Team NINJA has a free Kasumi outfit prepared for all players to celebrate 2 million Core Fighters downloads.

While Diego and Rig's 1P commands remain intact, Black Moon & Emery Reigns quickly discovered that most low-tracking 1Ps have been nerfed. Some players could consider this a very good thing for the game considering the strength of these moves, but others may wonder why on earth Momiji would be nerfed of her natural combo from this input when she's already near the bottom of the tier list. Hayate was beginning to build momentum in the offline scene with an impressive showing from Perfect Legend, but his 1P natural combo has also been nerfed!

As of 1.15 there is a new slow motion effect that should prove to be useful against some annoying attacks. So far this feature has been a well-received by most and has been noted to help punish against various unholdable moves.

Community: what do you think of the 1.15 update and what did you find prior to the notes? Do not forget to download your free Kasumi costume, and PlayStation Plus members still have a few days to get their free premium tickets for one DLC costume.

Last edited:
DOA3 was my first doa but i much more enjoyed and i prefer doa4 over 3 lol and to this day for me doa5lr still has the perfect doa gameplay

randomness in doa5 because of height variations,launcher lvl lol If you did your homework and worked on your stun game/setup and launcher lvl combos in doa5 then no problem

doa3 was fun but doa3 being 3 pts hold and having a simple stun game,i dont really consider doa3 to be the best doa

Last edited:
Yes I edited that. Meant to say "near the bottom" and have adjusted it since.

I guess I don't create tier lists to share, but my personal tier list requirements:

- Can XcaliburBladeZ win a match at a offline tournament with this character against another high level player.? He's without doubt one of the best players because he can use nearly every character as if they were all his mains. I haven't seen Momiji perform well at offline tournaments since 2013 when BladeZ knocked out Master of TFC with Momiji.

- How many people are selecting this character at offline tournaments?

- How often is this character winning offline tournaments? It's not the end of a character if they have won nothing (like Momiji) but to climb the tier list they should win events and prove themselves on multiple occasions -- simply looking good on paper isn't always enough.

I don't even like tier lists, but they can give a general idea at times if done properly.
Yes I edited that. Meant to say "near the bottom" and have adjusted it since.

I guess I don't create tier lists to share, but my personal tier list requirements:

- Can XcaliburBladeZ win a match at a offline tournament with this character against another high level player.? He's without doubt one of the best players because he can use nearly every character as if they were all his mains. I haven't seen Momiji perform well at offline tournaments since 2013 when BladeZ knocked out Master of TFC with Momiji.

- How many people are selecting this character at offline tournaments?

- How often is this character winning offline tournaments? It's not the end of a character if they have won nothing (like Momiji) but to climb the tier list they should win events and prove themselves on multiple occasions -- simply looking good on paper isn't always enough.

I don't even like tier lists, but they can give a general idea at times if done properly.

I understand what you're getting at, though technically tournament presence doesn't completely define an FG tier list (though it is a pretty big factor with influencing it). However, I do agree that Momiji is a mid-tier at best character in DOA6, and probably lower.

@Raansu Ayane won EsportsX, like DoaN said, a DOA6WC Fatal Match this past September by Shimazu, arguably the largest DOA6WC event up until that point. However, I still don't believe that Ayane is top tier. Before Esportsx, Ayane had appeared in 0 Top 16's for the DOA6WC, (though from Esportsx onwards, she made some Top 8 appearances). Shimazu is a top Ayane player in DOA6 and he got thrashed at the DOA6WC Finals at DOAFES 0-2, 0-2. As good as Ayane is in DOA6, it's easy to overrate her. She's strong, but she doesn't dominate at the highest level of play the same way that you think. Like DoaN implied, could XcaliburBladeZ win a tournament with Ayane?

Last edited:
Bladez could probably win with Marie Rose. Like what kind of stupid question is that? Tournaments have nothing to do with tiers.

Look up the definition if you need to... and Ayane had already won a tournament. You said she hadn't. So...

Without a proving ground a tier list doesn't make any sense. It's also amusing that you claim Brute has insulted you and you made a big deal about it, but I guess it's okay for you.

You are also the same person that says Hitomi was no good... LOL

Last edited:
Look up the definition if you need to... and Ayane had already won a tournament. You said she hadn't. So...

Without a proving ground a tier list doesn't make any sense. It's also amusing that you claim Brute has insulted you and you made a big deal about it, but I guess it's okay for you.

You are also the same person that says Hitomi was no good... LOL

I didn't insult him and Hitomi is B tier at best. She's super basic with no threatening tools.

Bladez could probably win with Marie Rose. Like what kind of stupid question is that? Tournaments have nothing to do with tiers.
Are you sure? I haven't seen him attempt it (And I know that he's played with Ayane before). Xcal tends to play with characters that he thinks that he can win with. It's worked out for him very well in DOA6.

Also, Hitomi just won a tournament...

win with Marie Rose.
giphy.gif

Are you sure? I haven't seen him attempt it (And I know that he's played with Ayane before). Xcal tends to play with characters that he thinks that he can win with. It's worked out for him very well in DOA6.

Also, Hitomi just won a tournament...

A tournament with 18 people and only 2 other players worth of note. I love Xavier, fantastic Hitomi player, but come on, there was no one there.

A tournament with 18 people and only 2 other players worth of note. I love Xavier, fantastic Hitomi player, but come on, there was no one there.
The players in the Top 4 and some others are pretty high level. Still a major tournament won by Hitomi. (It's not her first either, Air GEAR won BAM 9 (or 8, IIRC) with Hitomi earlier this year in DOA6). Still more than Marie Rose :p.

All of those players that participated are worth of note. The amount of people participating really shouldn’t matter. Discarding other players just because you don’t see them often, is just plain rude. You really shouldn’t be the one talking, when the only time I actually did see you at a tournament on stream you got destroyed. With Kula, a high tier character.

Onryoki said:
The amount of people participating really shouldn’t matter.

To each there own. Not that I ever would because I suck at the game, but if I were to ever win a major it'd feel like an empty win if all the heavy hitters were not there.

Onryoki said:
Discarding other players just because you don’t see them often, is just plain rude.
You really shouldn’t be the one talking, when the only time I actually did see you at a tournament on stream you got destroyed. With Kula, a high tier character.

You wanna be the pot or the kettle? Not that I care as I don't consider myself good at the game anyways, but I just found the progression of what you typed to be hilarious.

To each there own. Not that I ever would because I suck at the game, but if I were to ever win a major it'd feel like an empty win if all the heavy hitters were not there.
It’s still a win, why does a heavy hitter have to be there for it to be deemed as a good tournament?
High level play is high level play, regardless of who’s there.
Yes, I discarded you because you discarded others.

It’s still a win, why does a heavy hitter have to be there for it to be deemed as a good tournament?
High level play is high level play, regardless of who’s there.
Yes, I discarded you because you discarded others.

Mmmhmm sure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD