Win/lose/intro quotes in Japanese?

werewolfgold

Ayane - DOA4
  • Opening Quotes
    • Omoishire! (Realize [your place]!)
    • Ikasete ageru. (I'll send you off [to the next world].)
    • Watashi no chikara wo sono me ni yakitsukeru ga ii. (You should burn my power into those eyes.)
    • Naiteite yurushite agenai. (If you're crying, I won't let you go.)
  • Win Quotes
    • Mugen Tenshin-ryuu Hajin Mon, omae gotoki ikire wa shinai. (The Mugen Tenshin-style Hajin Mon isn't the same as the likes of you.)
    • Ara. Sono teido? (Oh. Is that all?)
    • Anta no make. (Your loss.)
Ayane - DOA3
  • Opening Quotes
    • Tachifusagaru mono wo taosu dake. (I'll easily defeat those who stand in the way.)
    • Jama yo! (Nuisance!)
    • Watashi wa amaku mirareta mono ne. (Looks like I've been underestimated.)
    • Dou shite mo hikanai ki ne. (You don't intend to stand down, huh?)
    • Shinobi no kyoufu wo shiru ga ii. (You should know the horror of the shinobi.)
    • Doushite? (Why?)
  • Win Quotes
    • Asonderu hima wa nai no. Sayonara. (I've no time to play around. Good-bye.)
    • Minogashite ageru. (I'll let this one go.)
    • Kore ga okite yo. (This is the law.)
    • Darashinai otoko. (Slovenly man.)

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Added some Nyotengu goodness.
  • Opening Quotes
    • "Kawaigatte ageyou zo."
      • 「可愛がってあげようぞ。」 (I shall toy with you.)
    • "Warawa wo tanoshimase yo."
      • 「わらわを愉しませよ。」 (Entertain me.)
  • Win Quotes
    • "Warawa koso miyama no nyotengu."
      • 「わらわこそ深山の女天狗。」 (I truly am the female tengu of the mountain deep.)
    • "Nan ja nan ja? Mou owari ka?"
      • 「なじゃなんじゃ。もう終わりか。」 (What? What is it? Over already?)
    • "Subete wa! Warawa no! Zaregoto nari!"
      • 「全ては!わらわの!戯言なり!」 (Everything! Is my! Practical joke!)
  • Lose Quote
    • "Iya ja! Iya ja! Iya na no ja!"
      • 「いやじゃ!いやじゃ!いやなのじゃ!」 (No! No! No good I say!)

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I know this is kind of a weird one, but I've always been dying for a transliteration / translation of this cutscene.

If you were ever bored or whatever and wanted a like.

Gultigargar

I've recently figured out how to change the subtitles in DOA3 and I figured I might as well make some changes. (The original translation has a disappointing lack of "Good vibration!" for example.)

If any of you guys have the time for it, I'd really appreciate it if you could translate some of these quotes for me:

synce

Those DOA2 subs for Ryu are pretty accurate. IIRC that game had a good translation. It wasn't until DOA3 that they starting taking lots of liberties with the dialogue

Brute

Standard Donor
Those DOA2 subs for Ryu are pretty accurate. IIRC that game had a good translation.
Considering that a lot of the subs changed between 2 vanilla and 2 ultimate, I remain a bit curious.

Regardless, I'd still be interested in the Romanized transliteration.

werewolfgold

I know this is kind of a weird one, but I've always been dying for a transliteration / translation of this cutscene.

If you were ever bored or whatever and wanted a like.

:hayabusa:: Soko ga!
:kasumi:: Tatakaitakunai! Watashi wo ikasete! Hiite, Hayabusa-san!
:hayabusa:: Hayate no chikai. Omae wa shinasen! Ikaseru wake ni wa ikan. Soshite, shinobi no michi...michi wa mumoku, kibishii mono to shire!

:hayabusa:: Over there!
:kasumi:: I don't want to fight! Let me go! Stand down, Hayabusa!
:hayabusa:: My oath to Hayate. I won't let you die! I will not allow you to leave. Furthermore, know that the way of the ninja...is an aimless path...and a relentless one!

Why is Helena's theme playing...? lol

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
You have just fulfilled a yearning that has lingered in my heart for the last 14 years.

Thank-you, werewolfgold. Thank-you.

Why is Helena's theme playing...? lol
In the original demo released for the game on the Sega Dreamcast Demo disc, they had three playable characters (Kasumi, Ayane and Ein) each with three playable "story mode" fights. One of the fights accessible if you chose Kasumi was this one with Hayabusa, and on that demo disc they used Blazed Up Melpomene for this fight.
This was probably just a placeholder used at the time, before they finished a theme for Hayabusa. Or perhaps Blazed Up Melpomene was originally intended as an "intense story mode" theme to be used in the most heated battles, taking priority over normal character themes?

Who knows. Still, my earliest introduction to this fight (and by extension, the Legendary Super Ninja himself) was accompanied by this theme. I will always remember it this way, and it actually worked quite well, if you're not already used to the theme "belonging" to Helena.

werewolfgold

I've recently figured out how to change the subtitles in DOA3 and I figured I might as well make some changes. (The original translation has a disappointing lack of "Good vibration!" for example.)

If any of you guys have the time for it, I'd really appreciate it if you could translate some of these quotes for me:
Ayane
  • Asonderu hima wa nai no. Sayonara. (I've no time to play around. Good-bye.)
  • Aikawarazu urusai hito ne. (As noisy a person as always.)
  • Motto watashi wo tanoshimasete. (Entertain me more.)
  • Makeinu wa acchi de naitenasai. (Go whimper over there, you beaten dog.)
  • Kore ga okite yo. (This is the law.)
  • Kore ijou komarasenaide kureru? (Could you not annoy me any further?)
  • Aite ni narenai wa. (You're no match for me.)
Hayate
  • Kaze ga naiteiru. (The wind is howling.) Heh. Get it?
  • Sasuga ni tegowakatta zo. (As expected, you're tough.)
  • Toushu ninja wa date ja nai. ("Head Ninja" isn't just a title.)
  • Hayaki koto kaze no gotoshi. (In speed, I'm akin to the wind.)
  • Fukisusabu kaze wo mita ka. (Did you see the raging wind?)
  • Kizu ga uzuku... (My wounds ache...)
Hitomi
  • Mada mada ikeru wa! (I can still keep going!)
Brad
  • Anta mo nomu kai? (You wanna drink, too?)
  • Umai sake wo nomesou da. (Looks like I can drink some good brew.)
  • Ikeru ne, anta. (You can really go, can't you?)
  • Shukuhai to ikou ka! (How about we toast?!)
Man, the old intro/outros used to have so much energy in the old games.

Sigh...
I'm not seeing it that much in the movements or anything. Plus, a majority of the quotes in DOA5 were from previous games. The drop to 30 FPS probably makes it look worse, though. And we could definitely use more quotes for everyone in general. At least to the level we had previously. Zack should get more 2 win quotes, that's for damn sure. lol

werewolfgold

That would seem like a terrible thing to have in a mod if an Ein vs. Hayate match were to happen. But, whatever.

Gultigargar

That would seem like a terrible thing to have in a mod if an Ein vs. Hayate match were to happen. But, whatever.
The cool thing about adding costumes in DOA3 is that it picks up costume files that are placed on your Xbox, so you can just place the ones you want there and leave out the ones where I made terrible decisions. No need for burning a full new disc with mods inserted.

Anyway, there were a few more quotes I had some doubts about, so If any of you could help me out with these I'd be much obliged:

Also, DOA++ has a bunch of "endings" that are all entirely text-based. I was thinking of recording them if any of you are interested in reading them. If no one really cares then I'm not gonna bother, though.

werewolfgold

Anyway, there were a few more quotes I had some doubts about, so If any of you could help me out with these I'd be much obliged:
Zack
  • Chuugoku yonsen nen tte no wa, nani kai? (What's this about China and 4000 years?)
  • Ore no mirai wa akarui ze! (My future is bright!)
  • Saikko~~! (Awesome!)
Tina
  • Naguru zo~! (I'll hit you.)
Leifang
  • Taikyokuken wa hankai ja nai wa. (Tai chi isn't to be trifled with.) Literally, "Tai chi isn't partial destruction." As opposed to "complete destruction". Terms typically used for disasters from what I can tell.
Also, DOA++ has a bunch of "endings" that are all entirely text-based. I was thinking of recording them if any of you are interested in reading them. If no one really cares then I'm not gonna bother, though.
Depending on the size and difficulty of the kanji, or the quality of the video, I may not even be that much help in translating it. But, I'm curious, as I've never had the chance to play DOA++. It's up to you if you want to do it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD