Your Rating for DOA6

Napoleon

You can disagree but thats just facts.

I remember when the Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and the arcade... The game was cool, popular and respected.

DOA had video games magazines cover, DOA until 4 was high rated by video games reviewers, and was very well known or respected in past gaming.

Who doesn't know Kasumi the blue girl lol ? Or Ayane the violet girl ? Everybody know man ...

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor

I remember when the Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and the arcade... The game was cool, popular and respected.

DOA had video games magazines cover, DOA until 4 was high rated by video games reviewers, and was very well known or respected in past gaming.

Who doesn't know Kasumi the blue girl lol ? Or Ayane the violet girl ? Everybody know man ...

You are correct i think some people didn't know that if it wasn't for the success of Doa, the company would of went bankrupt.

human013

I think most people who know Kasumi and Ayane know them from things other than the fighting.

Then what turned DOA into a joke then?
DOA was more serious and more popular (and respected as a fighting game) back in the days just like a lot of (big names) fighting games in the past.
Going from this amazing top of the line fighting game to a button mashing, guessing, waifu fighter that no one takes seriously.

Napoleon

When you think about Kasumi and Ayane, you think about the fighting game DOA first than anything.

And if you don't like this series and think this is a joke why are you wasting your time here then ?

Stop trolling...

You can mash and guess in every fighting game. And trust me you better take seriously DOA if you want to get very good at it, cause it takes knowledges, it takes pratices, it takes time, and it takes skill.

DOA is a real fighting game. It may be fun, it may be easy to pick but it's surely hard to master, and deep enough to take it seriously.

Napoleon

I know people are pissed or disappointed today with DOA6...

Yes 6 did not enough and should be a lot better...

Yes it sucks hard...

But you can't say Dead or Alive didn't exist or it is nothing in video games (history) and to the fighting game genre, just like if we were talking about the dark id game that nobody never seen or open in the PS4/Xbox/PC store.

Last edited:

Napoleon

Maybe the kidos that play anime fighters like DBZ will say that, but people who really played and have seen DOA 20 years ago will not.

Because yes "FGC" but wich one ? The 16 years old players or the 30 years old players ?

Your "FGC" now thinks Tekken 7 (the most overrated fighting game of all time) is the top fighting game ever made, should i trust them ?

marussya

Only single player games.
It's bad. I'm not sure If we need Team Ninja focused mostly on their single player products. Then It's not Team Ninja we know, it's just random team of developers . To be honest I don't care about their new experience blahblah
We need a balance, so if you working hard on your single game, just do the same with doa

UprisingJC

Been a while since I visited FSD. Someone showed this thread to me so...anyway, here's my opinion.

Gameplay - No
Graphics - Yes
Sound and Music - Yes
Replay Value - No
Characters - No

Rating 1/5

I agree that a new game shouldn't include copy-and-paste things from its predecessor, but what DOA6 has shown us so far is no better.

The new mechanics doesn't help players learn and evolve. Instead, people tend to rely on things like SA, BH, BB and of course the thing I've been criticizing for a long time, (reckless) low hold. DOA is already a game that grants a player who's getting combo'd a lot of chances to guess(defensive holds), not to mention that there're tons of people nowadays that still tend to do low holds recklessly to get out of stun, and why should defenders still have BB and BH as a tool for them? I'm fine with how they try to make sidestepping work more efficiently than how it is in DOA5LR, but as a result, it's just another DP-like move in the game and people use those things like crazy. Most of them playing in this way don't really care about what their opponent's gonna do next, but instead they just keep pressing buttons to do what they want and hope that it will work.

Stages are also one thing I hate in DOA6. In certain stages you can juggle a launched opponent and do over 70% and even 100% damage on your opponent thanks to the stupid danger zones. Yep there're also some stages like this in DOA5LR, but things only get worse in DOA6. Doing an instant-death combo doesn't look cool for me. Instead, it just means that it's TERRIBLY DESIGNED. Here's an instance below:

Rath, a well-known content creator who's from South Korea and has been active since late DOA5LR, posted this video.
What's shown is that Mai got stunned by Nico, and Nico then extended the stun with a jab following a launcher and there was nothing Rath could do and he was K.Oed directly. I see no fun in things like this.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Been a while since I visited FSD. Someone posted this thread to me so...anyway, here's my opinion.

Gameplay - No
Graphics - Yes
Sound and Music - Yes
Replay Value - No
Characters - No

Rating 1/5

I agree that a new game shouldn't include copy-and-paste things from its predecessor, but what DOA6 has shown us so far is no better.

The new mechanics don't help players learn and evolve. Instead, people tend to rely on things like SA, BH, BB and of course the thing I've been criticizing for a long time, (reckless) low hold. DOA is already a game that grants a player who's getting combo'd a lot of chances to guess(defensive holds), not to mention that there're tons of people nowadays that still tend to do low holds recklessly to get out of stun, and why should defenders still have BB and BH as a tool for them? I'm fine with how they try to make sidestepping work more efficiently than how it is in DOA5LR, but as a result, it's just another DP-like move in the game and people use those things like crazy. Most of them playing in this way don't really care about what their opponent's gonna do next, but instead they just keep pressing buttons to do what they want and hope that it will work.

Stages are also one thing I hate in DOA6. In certain stages you can juggle a launched opponent and do over 70% and even 100% damage on your opponent thanks to the stupid danger zones. Yep there're also some stages like this in DOA5LR, but things only get worse in DOA6. Doing an instant-death combo doesn't look cool for me. Instead, it just means that it's TERRIBLY DESIGNED. Here's an instance below:

Rath, a well-known content creator who's South Korea and has been active since late DOA5LR, posted this video.
What's shown is that Mai got stunned by Nico, and Nico then extended the stun with a jab following a launcher and there's nothing Rath could do and he was K.Oed directly. I see no fun in things like this.
Well to be fair and blunt, he could have break held out of the break blow cancel but because he either used his meter prior or didn't manage it well, he was in a situation where he could not do anything unless he had a meter. That's the thing about DOA6, if you're in stages like the Chinese Festival, meter management is way more important because without it, you're a sitting duck.

I think in doa6 Ultimate if they ever make it, they should disable breakable hazards leading into a stun if you're already launched, if they would do stuff like that the damage potential would be lessened, but again he could have escaped that situation if he had managed his meter better

UprisingJC

Well to be fair and blunt, he could have break held out of the break blow cancel but because he either used his meter prior or didn't manage it well, he was in a situation where he could not do anything unless he had a meter. That's the thing about DOA6, if you're in stages like the Chinese Festival, meter management is way more important because without it, you're a sitting duck.

I think in doa6 Ultimate if they ever make it, they should disable breakable hazards leading into a stun if you're already launched, if they would do stuff like that the damage potential would be lessened, but again he could have escaped that situation if he had managed his meter better

Well, Rath did have no gauge atm but it doesn't mean that an instant death combo is acceptable.
Stages like this shouldn't even have existed.

I personally don't hold any hopes about the possibility of seeing DOA6U tbh and even if they do make it, I doubt if they will ever take actions to deal with all the elements that make this game terrible(for me, at least). See how they treat DOA6 and international players who went to Japan for the tournament in November last year. 6 months before the game got officially released, I sent an document to TN via KT staff in Taiwan to show my concerns and opinions about this game after seeing what had been revealed at that time(after EVO) and TN literally didn't give a damn about it I guess.

human013

When people talk about managing meter or meter adding depth, this was not what they were referring to. Even in the most extreme cases for games that have meter, not having it puts you at a disadvantage but it by no means guarantees a loss like what the clip showed. The dude got jabbed twice, launched once, and it was over. Saying the guy should have just saved his meter to avoid the issue just shows how bad the stage is.

JustOwnin

Graphics have improved
Gameplay changed to metered system
those are the good.

bad online play because they didn’t do doa4 like lobby system. That saddens me so deeply.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
When people talk about managing meter or meter adding depth, this was not what they were referring to. Even in the most extreme cases for games that have meter, not having it puts you at a disadvantage but it by no means guarantees a loss like what the clip showed. The dude got jabbed twice, launched once, and it was over. Saying the guy should have just saved his meter to avoid the issue just shows how bad the stage is.
Fax plus Tax.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not really, meter is always a crucial part of games as it has(in more recent games) powerful abilities that can save you actually. In SC6 having a good meter balance lets you guard impact virtually anything including unlockable attacks and lets you enter soul charge for comebacks. SF has its V skill meter which acts the same way and other games also have different like mechanics that reward those who don't abuse it.

In that video, he got jabbed in a launcher because he was counter hit, that was his own error. He then got launched, which he didn't hold again, which is his own fault, launchers aren't guaranteed from normal stuns unless the opponent doesn't hold at all or hold the correct launch height. He would have been able to avoid that situation if he managed it correctly, which doesn't show how "bad" a stage is, it shows the bad usage of the meter in that situation, as well as him not being careful in the beginning since he was counter hit. The match could have went differently had he made different choices and held correctly, and if he would have had meter, DOA has meter now and also there are stages that can hurt you badly if you don't risk a hold or meter to avoid situations like that, since nothing in stuns are guaranteed unless from fatal stuns or specific stuns or in special situations. That's not gonna suddenly change because people lose and don't realize what they could have did in a situation to avoid it. If the match would have been vice versa and he won using the same method and his opponent had no meter, I guarantee you he wouldn't have made a video like that.

RJTM1991

Standard Donor
Gameplay - Yes. It's solid. I do miss DOA5/U's Launchers and Blows though.
Graphics - Yes. Characters look like dolls at times, but it's nothing really bad. Textures on clothing are incredibly well done.
Sound and Music - Yes. "The Muscle" is a cracker.
Replay Value - Not really, sadly.
Characters - Yes.

4/5.

Despite the 4/5 score, it's easily the weakest entry in the series. Doesn't touch it's predecessors.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD