Dead or Alive 6 with a different game engine

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I'd like to first be interested in the subject matter of the picture to even care if it's in 4K HDR or not. DOA6 doesn't visually appeal to me whether it's in 720p or 4K. No amount of HDR is going to change my opinion.

Sure, I guess a picture of feces in 4K HDR is "technically" better than a picture of feces in 4K, but it's still a picture of feces.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'd like to first be interested in the subject matter of the picture to even care if it's in 4K HDR or not. DOA6 doesn't visually appeal to me whether it's in 720p or 4K. No amount of HDR is going to change my opinion.

Sure, I guess a picture of feces in 4K HDR is "technically" better than a picture of feces in 4K, but it's still a picture of feces.

So, what do you do with your life other than talk shit and bring other people's projects down? My guess is nothing. It takes shit to know shit, I guess.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
1C70AE65-BF4E-497E-A09A-21BA4CFC24A3.jpeg

here just compare the images of both games lol. both look great to me tbh, but 4k hfr would definitely make a difference for quality.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
So, what do you do with your life other than talk shit and bring other people's projects down? My guess is nothing. It takes shit to know shit, I guess.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lorenzo Buti

I think it's a night and day difference in terms of quality of the photos myself. That's why Twitter is lined up with VV and DOA6 photos and little to none for DOA5.
You know I can still tweet out photographs a whole lot more in Dead or Alive 5 right? Cause I'm still going to continue with it!

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
I think it's a night and day difference in terms of quality of the photos myself. That's why Twitter is lined up with VV and DOA6 photos and little to none for DOA5.
Quick question - is there a name for the "hazy" overlay effect on DOA5's graphics? It's used to an even greater extent on DOA4 - it adds a "softness" to everything. Another game I've seen employ this haze effect is Wip3out 3. This isn't a point of criticism by the way - all of the games I've mentioned utilise it well from what I've seen (and in the case of Wip3out 3, played). I'm wondering if there's a term for it.
DOA6 notably does not have this "hazy/soft" filter - it doesn't need it due to how crisp and detailed everything is.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Have you actually looked at the code?

Have you? Would you even believe me if I said yes?

Either way, if I haven't directly looked at the code between the two versions of DOA5LR, I've had discussions over the past 10 years with people who have.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
The one on the left looks so refreshing and sweet, the one on the right looks so washed out and awful in terms of graphics. Can't criticize the face detail though.
5 was downright gorgeous when it dropped. I still like 6 tbh. I just wish they didn’t stop support lol

Sotherius

DOa6 will naturally have some edge visually due to being the newer game in some areas, I also like how they tried to make the colors more like older DOAs, while doa5 is very muted in the colors, but lighting can be rough a lot of the times.

I have more issue with how some necks are broken in doa6 or how they Have a clear line separating the neck from the body. I like the costume selection in 6 more, less licensed stuff and more tame in general. Hayabusa's new face is pretty good, Zack got a huge glowup, Kokoro got a more round ish face i feel. But DOA 5 was put together with more attention to detail even on the visual department.

As far as engine talk goes, I don't care what they use as long as it is good, and sadly it wasnt the case with the dw9 engine, and I have gripes with unreal 4 as well, I doubt if TN ever revisits DOA they will use unreal 5 or something like that, it will probably be something in house.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Have you? Would you even believe me if I said yes?

Either way, if I haven't directly looked at the code between the two versions of DOA5LR, I've had discussions over the past 10 years with people who have.

> you wouldn't believe me if I said I looked at the code
> but believe me when I say I've talked to people over the past 10 years who have looked at code

lmao

It's about as believable as a certain streamer who knows the daily operations at TN.

You're just speculating. Maybe the code is the same but the geometry is different, maybe there is a physics engine, maybe the sky really is blue. The only way to know for sure is looking at the code.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
> you wouldn't believe me if I said I looked at the code
> but believe me when I say I've talked to people over the past 10 years who have looked at code

lmao

It's about as believable as a certain streamer who knows the daily operations at TN.

You're just speculating. Maybe the code is the same but the geometry is different, maybe there is a physics engine, maybe the sky really is blue. The only way to know for sure is looking at the code.

You know I was just going to be rude (like I feel you have been), but I'm just going to ask so I know for my reference. Why so sassy? What's the meaning of all this really? Are you going through something? I don't think anywhere did Matt give any implication of not believing you. He simply asked if you had.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
dunceofaninja,

8q7zCmd.jpeg

You do realize that being a premium donor doesn't give you authority to degrade other people, right? Just so you know.

I personally don't understand all of the childish name-calling you do here.

Last edited:

Sotherius

You know I was just going to be rude (like I feel you have been), but I'm just going to ask so I know for my reference. Why so sassy? What's the meaning of all this really? Are you going through something? I don't think anywhere did Matt give any implication of not believing you. He simply asked if you had.
I saw what you wrote before.

While I agree with the sentiment that if there is someone here that has some knowledge of what is happening inside DOA is Matt, both you and rob are having the same annoying attitude here. I think you both are adults enough to go beyond that.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I saw what he wrote before as well and that's why I suggested he stop posting. He's contributing nothing to this thread besides this weird irrelevant fixation he has about me.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
this topic got derailed hard lol
yeah but the bickering isn’t helping keep it to the dms if you must argue lol

anyways doa6 with a different engine, i can’t really say much about that but besides take things from previous game that were successful and build on it. what i believe is they shouldn’t have pulled the plug on the support as that shows they believe in what they are doing and might have kept the game alive. as much as a flawed game it is, it has its moments that i am sure some still enjoy.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I saw what you wrote before.

While I agree with the sentiment that if there is someone here that has some knowledge of what is happening inside DOA is Matt, both you and rob are having the same annoying attitude here. I think you both are adults enough to go beyond that.

I don’t care if you saw what I wrote before. I changed it because I questioned if I wanted to go the whole 9 yards with this guy again. What have I done that is so annoying other than defend the game? Is that completely unexpected?

I think because you have defended him before you are now just saying “both of you” because you are finally getting a realistic take on how this guy operates and treats others.

I saw what he wrote before as well and that's why I suggested he stop posting. He's contributing nothing to this thread besides this weird irrelevant fixation he has about me.

Yes. You’re a big concern. Every post you make is derailment, you are rude to just about everyone you come in contact with and nothing is ever pleasant with you. Do I need to make a collage to spell it out to you that you are breaking rules?

I’m sure you would say yes because you are a big fan of wasting people’s time because you don’t have anything better to do with your life.

What’s worse or actually funny is you trying to your limit profile so people can’t look at your awful post history. But you are going to tell ME to stop posting for editing my post???? I’ve never actually met someone more fake!

I am so dead right now. LOL My vote is for your ban because I’ve seen people banned for far less here. But until it happens I’m leaving you blocked. Better things to do with my time than talk to you.

Last edited:

Sotherius

I think because you have defended him before you are now just saying “both of you” because you are finally getting a realistic take on how this guy operates and treats others.
I do feel you have done worse than him in this thread and in others with your words, I know Rob for some time so I "know how he operates" and my "both of you" was sincere. I won't derail the thread any longer.

Edit: I checked the thread history again to see how things escalated. Rob was agressive in defending his statement that the soft engine is an engine, and was dismissive of Matt, and called doa6 visuals feces, and you took it personally because you like to use doa6's photo mode. So I was wrong in calling your attitude worse, and I apologize for that.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I do feel you have done worse than him in this thread and in others with your words, I know Rob for some time so I "know how he operates" and my "both of you" was sincere. I won't derail the thread any longer.

Edit: I checked the thread history again to see how things escalated. Rob was agressive in defending his statement that the soft engine is an engine, and was dismissive of Matt, and called doa6 visuals feces, and you took it personally because you like to use doa6's photo mode. So I was wrong in calling your attitude worse, and I apologize for that.

I genuinely appreciate that. I apologize as well for my own mishaps.

I didn't feel like I was overly trying to dismiss DOA5's photo mode either. It just seems like DOA6 takes cleaner photos and they are more colorful than DOA5s IMO.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD