Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

A recent post on twitter mentions a memorial broadcast on the 16th December to celebrate 5M downloads of Core Fighters.

Could be they'll show something there? Might even get a hint of the new character if we're Xtreme-ly lucky ;)

It could also be a whole load of nothing though.

I definitely wouldn't mind a よるのないくに/Nights of Azure crossover pack it comes to the west in March/April

Kasumi

Are we going to get the two free costumes in the west that Japan is getting to celebrate the 5 million download of core fighters?.

SoftCabbage

Are we going to get the two free costumes in the west that Japan is getting to celebrate the 5 million download of core fighters?.

Most likely you get another 2 less popular characters for free within a limited period just like before, at least in Asia.

5 million core fighters downloads? Really ? O_O

Only the download. The ones who really play it probably just 1/5 of it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Wait... If the free DLC is just two costumes that are already available for purchase what's the point asking if we're getting it? We already have the costumes just not free.

mizking

There was also that Ragnarok Odyssey booth babe outfit for Kasumi in 5U.

Being a 360 user i had to pay for that costume by buying the princess one, it's weird how the princess costume became part of the Halloween 2013 collection when there was a throwback DLC a month later. 2 costumes for the price of 1 tho

UpSideDownGRUNT

Being a 360 user i had to pay for that costume by buying the princess one, it's weird how the princess costume became part of the Halloween 2013 collection when there was a throwback DLC a month later. 2 costumes for the price of 1 tho
Ummm you shouldn't have.... I was on 360 back then and I got it for free nor did I need to buy another costume first

Kronin

Most likely you get another 2 less popular characters for free within a limited period just like before, at least in Asia.

Only the download. The ones who really play it probably just 1/5 of it.

During the celebration of downloading goals, KT allowed the possibility to download for a limited time a character and being able to play with it forever (so it's to all the effects free purchase that unlock a character and not a simple limited trial). Also, Core Fighters' free trials allow the possibility to play with all the roster and not only the less popular, there is a rotation that get each character of the roster and then starts again from the beginning. The only exception was that the DLC characters ended to be added to the free trial selection only in the last cycle (of course they wished to keep a certain priority to them).

I agree however that the number of downloads doesn't mean anything about the effective popularity of the game or the number of the people playing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

From Gamefaq's thread about the free DLC for December:

It's two free costumes designed by Tamiki Wakaki for Kasumi (Ten - heaven or sky) and Ayane (Ha - Dominance or Rule).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835976-dead-or-alive-5-last-round/72971686?page=2

If this is right of course they are going to be two new costumes and not the ones from the Tamiki Wakaki pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD