DOA6 Graphics Thread

Addictrian

Gamertag
Addicted
So i guess its not about the Bulge Size ,its about having one. It looks just from a asthetic Side not good if they havent a glimpse of it. Period. Thats all .
And again and again. I just realized this Game is not out yet and they fixing and polishing it . So im happy about that and cant wait to see it finally for myself =).

Even on Rigs casual Costume the Cordles and his Hood are not moving just yet . So i guess they just implemented Costumes to the Game and finishing them till release. ( I wish)

For me its about the Asthetic Aspect of the GAme and yes Doa is and was great looking , Had the Best Costumes and Stages in Fighting Games . And i just want equal Rights when it comes to male physics and hair movement and clothes movement.

I dont think thats too much too ask for for the DOA series . Instead of this toning down Nonsense ( what was a stupid and not true . They should say NO.
Dead or Alive is sexy and everybody who has a Problem with that .............WALK ON !

Its Dead or Alive and everybody loves it for that =)

Pn33milan

Italy
Main Character
Kasumi
PSN ID
Pn33milan
question: are Team Ninja and Omega Force involved with each other regarding the graphical engine of their games?
i mean, do they use the same engine, but with different performances?

i sound very nooby in this regard. it's just i always wondered that.
DOA and the different DW games have a similar style about their character designs, so i started to wonder if they use the same engine.

i know team ninja worked for games like Hyrule warriors and Fire Emblem warriors, not to mention Warriors all-stars (of course). so there comes my doubt

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DOA and the different DW games have a similar style about their character designs, so i started to wonder if they use the same engine.
The character designs or general art design of a game is unrelated to the engine it uses though. Dragon Ball FighterZ and Tekken 7 for example both use Unreal Engine 4. Wo'da thunk when just comparing the art style of both games. ;)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Loganville Georgia
Main Character
Lisa
PSN ID
NewWestFan
The way white clothing reacts to light is still off in the game. It is especially jarring in this case where you have Phase 4, whose white suit reacts realistically to the surrounding lighting, fight against Bass, whose white coat and pants beam as if they are radioactive:

Sounds like the Devs need to take another look at their specular maps for certain materials.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm just rewatching the EVO photo mode stuff. Two observations:
1) There's thigh and buttocks jiggle, you can clearly see they are deformed. Funny they didn't dare to promote this feature before.
2) Nico, at least in her deluxe costume, is pretty low polygon actually. There are more unsightly polygon angles visible on her legs and buttocks than would be visible on DOA5 models. Why the modelling downgrade, this makes absolutely no sense going from PS3/Xbox360 to PS4/XboxOne and PC.

It's just because they have to have it so the animation "works" without clipping into a character's face while also having characters of different sizes (replace Tina with Bass for instance). They'd have to animate a few different break blow versions for different size classes of characters, which they probably didn't want to do. Though, in the end it would look better.

Shinjuku

Hwoarang's Tekken 7 default is an atrocity, yes...

...but that second image is also a prerender. A bit unfair to compare it with an in-game model.
YIKES! I'm sure they can at least make him look like that but they just choose to cut corners as usual and photoshop the character selection pics into oblivion! Hwoarang's Tag 2 character model looked so much better & pretty much resembled that snap of Hwoarang in the Tekken 5 opening.

KasumiLover

Well-Known Pan Kasumi/Phase Fanboy ⚥
Premium Donor
Georgia
Main Character
Kasumi
Dude...the females looked horrible in TTT2. Don't get me started on Manface Williams sisters.
Lili(and her hime cut) and Anna actually looked great in TTT2 xD

TTT2 as a whole looked better tho since everyone had unique bodies and dynamic faces and hair, in T7 they all use a resized body model male or female and the characters graphically look rougher than other games, and the hair moves so slow and awful. I used to think the game looked so good two years ago but now I don't having seen SC6 and DOA6 xD

JJdude

US,MS
Main Character
Rachel
3DS Friend Code
3927-0371-5504
PSN ID
bugerkingJ
Steam
JJdude64
Lili(and her hime cut) and Anna actually looked great in TTT2 xD

TTT2 as a whole looked better tho since everyone had unique bodies and dynamic faces and hair, in T7 they all use a resized body model male or female and the characters graphically look rougher than other games, and the hair moves so slow and awful. I used to think the game looked so good two years ago but now I don't having seen SC6 and DOA6 xD
Too bad I lost my copy... I miss playing it so much.

Forgot your password?