DOA6 Graphics Thread

Xion

I will give you that tyaren, its definitely smoother. low anisotropic filtering is making the texture look garbage at an angle, I hope thats a bit better in the final.

Hold_Junkie93

I will give you that tyaren, its definitely smoother. low anisotropic filtering is making the texture look garbage at an angle, I hope thats a bit better in the final.
I think to the untrained eye, seeing Kasumi with more orange hair gives the impression that the hair is fuller. It works for me tbh I like the orange as it's more iconic, rather than realistic I suppose.

Ninoasker

Nyo looked perfect in 5 so there was no reason to change her in 6. Hayate also looks off and I think it's becasue of his eyes.
I’ve been saying this since I saw him, but I trust @Tyaren since he is the expert here and he said the models were basically unchanged and it was some texture work and lightning that made him (and Jann Lee) appear with a more “older” face because of the face details being more pronounced. Now, even though I’m still gonna give credit to him since I know he’s right in the whole texture and detail thing, I still do also think that the models were AT LEAST a bit retouched since Hayate’s (and Nyotengu for that matter) face, as you said, has something odd going on with his eyes. And it’s sad tbfh cuz I really LOOOOVE his 5 face. Thank god model rips exist so maybe in the future we can actually compare the faces without the game’s awful lightning and see if they were really retouched or not.

Brute

Standard Donor
"State of affairs is X."

"It's actually Y." *provides empirical evidence coupled with logical reasoning*

"Nah, it's X. Y'all are just blind."

*internal screaming*

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
"State of affairs is X."

"It's actually Y." *provides empirical evidence coupled with logical reasoning*

"Nah, it's X. Y'all are just blind."

*internal screaming*
For some reason your choice in Marie Rose crying as an avatar makes this post extremely poignant and I can't stop laughing.

human013

I’ve been saying this since I saw him, but I trust @Tyaren since he is the expert here and he said the models were basically unchanged and it was some texture work and lightning that made him (and Jann Lee) appear with a more “older” face because of the face details being more pronounced. Now, even though I’m still gonna give credit to him since I know he’s right in the whole texture and detail thing, I still do also think that the models were AT LEAST a bit retouched since Hayate’s (and Nyotengu for that matter) face, as you said, has something odd going on with his eyes. And it’s sad tbfh cuz I really LOOOOVE his 5 face. Thank god model rips exist so maybe in the future we can actually compare the faces without the game’s awful lightning and see if they were really retouched or not.
hayate_difference_in_doa5_and_doa6_by_avgnjr1985_dcx6ol3.jpg

Whether it is the same model or whatever else, the eyes just looks off.

Hold_Junkie93

Hint: It begins with "lighting" and ends with "ambient occlusion."
Or they're trying to give him that pretty boy look instead of a Fucking killer like in 5. Is it really just the darkening of his eyes here? Looks like the eyes changed angles period.

Baji Breakdancer

Or they're trying to give him that pretty boy look instead of a Fucking killer like in 5. Is it really just the darkening of his eyes here? Looks like the eyes changed angles period.
I think it's just another example of them needing to adjust face details since they no longer have drawn-on shadows like in DOA5. People often don't realize how different just minor shadows make in the interpretation of a face, it can make facial features even seem like they moved.

Baji Breakdancer

I like DOA6 Hayate a lot more, he looks less blurry and more like a person. It also looks like he has more practice putting on his eyeliner.

Side note: this is probably unpopular, but I really like how since DOA5 everybody gets ridiculously sweaty. It makes it stand out from other fighters, like DOA characters really have to work for it.

Chapstick

I like DOA6 Hayate a lot more, he looks less blurry and more like a person. It also looks like he has more practice putting on his eyeliner.

Side note: this is probably unpopular, but I really like how since DOA5 everybody gets ridiculously sweaty. It makes it stand out from other fighters, like DOA characters really have to work for it.
It looks less like sweat and more like coconut oil to me

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DOA6 PS4 Pro and XboxOne X support details were finally reveiled...and DOA6 continues do be an effing mess!

"PlayStation 4 Pro enables 1080p resolution maintaining the processing speed, and the quality of stages and effects will be higher than on the base PS4. On the other hand, Xbox One X will reach a maximum resolution of 4K which is different from the base Xbox One.
It’s impossible to maintain 60fps at all times with 4K resolution, but you’ll enjoy beautiful graphics. There are some options to prioritize graphics or action so you can choose which one you prefer.
The game is not compatible with HDR on PC. That being said, Xbox One X is the only platform that allows you to enjoy HDR with this game."
https://wccftech.com/dead-or-alive-6-1080p-ps4-pro-4k-xb1x/

In short:
PS4 Pro 1080P, 60fps, no hdr.
Xbox one X, up to 4k, hdr, but can't hold 60fps
PC, 4k, 60fps, but no hdr

So each version of the enhanced platforms is fucked up in one way or the other. Am I suprised?

tumblr_ollck9uGab1ttig8go1_500.gif

Chaos

DOA6 PS4 Pro and XboxOne X support details were finally reveiled...and DOA6 continues do be an effing mess!

"PlayStation 4 Pro enables 1080p resolution maintaining the processing speed, and the quality of stages and effects will be higher than on the base PS4. On the other hand, Xbox One X will reach a maximum resolution of 4K which is different from the base Xbox One.
It’s impossible to maintain 60fps at all times with 4K resolution, but you’ll enjoy beautiful graphics. There are some options to prioritize graphics or action so you can choose which one you prefer.
The game is not compatible with HDR on PC. That being said, Xbox One X is the only platform that allows you to enjoy HDR with this game."
https://wccftech.com/dead-or-alive-6-1080p-ps4-pro-4k-xb1x/

In short:
PS4 Pro 1080P, 60fps, no hdr.
Xbox one X, up to 4k, hdr, but can't hold 60fps
PC, 4k, 60fps, but no hdr

So each version of the enhanced platforms is fucked up in one way or the other. Am I suprised?

tumblr_ollck9uGab1ttig8go1_500.gif
(ಥ﹏ಥ) Reading this hurts my feelings. So disappointing.

I predicted it! I expect some fucked up shit about each verison. Sign..... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Haipa Sonikku

Dead or Alive 6 Runs at 1080p on PS4 Pro, While Xbox One X Goes up to 4K and Includes HDR Support

Now obviously it's a heat title though Team NINJA broke the news exclusively to this site. Basically the Pro version runs at 1080p/60 fps consistently but the X version runs in Dynamic 4K (up to 4K). PC version runs in true native 4K.

The appalling thing though is that only the X version features HDR. Not on Pro. Not even the PC version features this. Only explanation for this is that like E3 2018, the PC version maintained the native 4K / 60 fps.

It's a bleeding edge engine much like what Sega's doing with The House of the Dead Scarlett Dawn. An eventual PS5 version will address this. Really, I actually hoped that TN would skip the 8th generation exactly for this reason. Seems the cross generation releases of Dead or Alive 5 worked out for them and are going for it again.

Posted this in my DOA6 Facebook Group long before so I see someone already posted it here.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD