DOA6 Graphics Thread

SaihateDYNAMO

Also I really hate the WAY excessive dust effects everywhere, as can be seen here for example:

Leifang: *hits ground*
Honoka:
source.gif

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
The dress physics of Leifang's latex/leather dress are really well done though. Its flowy, it has its own weight and there's little clipping. Why can't all cloth behave as consistent?
I'm sure everyone else's clothes will have little clipping in the final version. Well, at least I hope l0l

Juihau

Also I really hate the WAY excessive dust effects everywhere, as can be seen here for example:

I feel like the dust thing is just a weird stylistic choice fighting games are starting to go for. Smash has the same thing, and people complained a lot about it there, too.

Cadaveri

I feel like the dust thing is just a weird stylistic choice fighting games are starting to go for. Smash has the same thing, and people complained a lot about it there, too.

Yeah but I can sorta see it fit in the more cartoony smash, It just feels so out of place having it so excessive here :(

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I was really impressed by Spider-Man's/Peter Parkers body model in Marvel's Spider-Man. It's not just anatomically correct, incredibly well modelled and textured (even Peter Parker's three chest hairs, lol), but when I got to talk to the 3D artist who made this model on Twitter, he told me he also made sure to make it attractive/sexy (give it that V shape, give extra definition to certain muscles....and bulges, lol.). That's the one thing most developers still don't pay attention to, even when they get the first two aspects right (anatomically correct, high quality model.)

45561317481_bd7540be89_o.png

31688760508_f6a83be96a_o.png

45714244931_f5794a7b7b_o.png

33177761898_c6702db4f5_o.png

46328741174_60b45d0da9_o.png

DOA6 gets all three aspects wrong... Well, here's hoping for DOA7. ;)

Last edited:

Ninoasker

I was really impressed by Spider-Man's/Peter Parkers body model in Marvel's Spider-Man. It's not just anatomically correct, incredibly well modelled and textured (even Peter Parker's three chest hairs, lol), but when I got to talk to the 3D artist on Twitter who made this model, he told me he also made sure to make it attractive/sexy (give it that V shape, give extra definition to certain muscles....and bulges, lol.). That's the one thing most developers still don't pay attention to, even when they get the first two aspects right (anatomically correct, high quality model.)

45561317481_bd7540be89_o.png

31688760508_f6a83be96a_o.png

45714244931_f5794a7b7b_o.png

46328741174_60b45d0da9_o.png

DOA6 gets all three aspects wrong... Well, here's hoping for DOA7. ;)
AN ACTUAL BULGE, IN A VIDEOGAME?????

Where’s the people who says devs don’t bother on making bulges because “genitalia is a big no no cuz it’d make the game’s rating go up”?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Ohh that bulge looking thick and juicy though
37F742E7-0ACE-4E7D-81B2-9993ABAA908F.gif

Anyway, that spiderman game looks absolutely amazing, I wish TN had the funds and the good staff to actually make something look so good. Still, it looks better than anything bamco produces so you don’t hear me complain.
Some new gameplay from an event this weekend (Tokyo):
NiCO looks amazing in the thumbnail! Love the colour of that jacket and the hairstyle.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the horrible texture quality of Bandai Namco:

51567889_2048073778581953_423201574559416320_o.jpg

Holy shit, I know this is mainly a thread talking about how Team Ninja could have done better... but it's competition is just so much worse...

EDIT: Like her Hair doesn't even seem to fit on her head nor does her ears for that matter, I couldn't even tell if those was Knee High Socks at first, her boots legit looks like they was added like legos and you can practically tell there's no foot mesh in those shoes and the jacket doesn't even look real, it looks supremely half assed.

It's hard coming back from DBFZ and... looking at this.

Brute

Standard Donor
TBF, the default costumes aren't as atrocious in quality as the custom-character DLC parts are, similar to the way that DOA5 had some DLC costumes that stacked up horribly with the base launch content.

But that said, Bandai somehow pumped out shit that fell short of even my abysmal expectations for them. It hurts!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD