DOA6 Graphics Thread

uwu

this is random but kasumi and ayane not being in the top corners of the roster is unsettling to me......
At least put the ninjas in the middle or in the corners(also Nyotengu and phase are bugging me they need to align them)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Are you guys like...OCD or something? Out of all of the important things to talk about, you mention the character select alignment l0l

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Looks like Game Debate managed to get an idea on what the minimum and recommended spec requirements to run the game on Steam.
Source: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35819&game=Dead or Alive 6

Minimum Requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz / AMD FX-6350
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 370 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • System Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Storage: 50 GB Hard drive space
  • DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
Recommended Requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 4-Core 3.4GHz / AMD Ryzen R5 1400
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
  • System Memory: 8 GB RAM
@Tyaren

Xhominid The Demon Within

Looks like Game Debate managed to get an idea on what the minimum and recommended spec requirements to run the game on Steam.
Source: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35819&game=Dead or Alive 6

Minimum Requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz / AMD FX-6350
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 370 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • System Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
Recommended Requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 4-Core 3.4GHz / AMD Ryzen R5 1400
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
  • System Memory: 8 GB RAM
@Tyaren

Damn I could run it on my rig... but I need a better GPU card but otherwise I have the right rig for it.

Addictrian

I was really impressed by Spider-Man's/Peter Parkers body model in Marvel's Spider-Man. It's not just anatomically correct, incredibly well modelled and textured (even Peter Parker's three chest hairs, lol), but when I got to talk to the 3D artist who made this model on Twitter, he told me he also made sure to make it attractive/sexy (give it that V shape, give extra definition to certain muscles....and bulges, lol.). That's the one thing most developers still don't pay attention to, even when they get the first two aspects right (anatomically correct, high quality model.)

45561317481_bd7540be89_o.png

31688760508_f6a83be96a_o.png

45714244931_f5794a7b7b_o.png

33177761898_c6702db4f5_o.png

46328741174_60b45d0da9_o.png

DOA6 gets all three aspects wrong... Well, here's hoping for DOA7. ;)
Thats super asthethic and hey man he has a Bulge =) Wish the DOA Guys would look like this =) Including the Ass and BUlge , Thats frealistic =)

Addictrian

So i guess its not about the Bulge Size ,its about having one. It looks just from a asthetic Side not good if they havent a glimpse of it. Period. Thats all .
And again and again. I just realized this Game is not out yet and they fixing and polishing it . So im happy about that and cant wait to see it finally for myself =).

Even on Rigs casual Costume the Cordles and his Hood are not moving just yet . So i guess they just implemented Costumes to the Game and finishing them till release. ( I wish)

For me its about the Asthetic Aspect of the GAme and yes Doa is and was great looking , Had the Best Costumes and Stages in Fighting Games . And i just want equal Rights when it comes to male physics and hair movement and clothes movement.

I dont think thats too much too ask for for the DOA series . Instead of this toning down Nonsense ( what was a stupid and not true . They should say NO.
Dead or Alive is sexy and everybody who has a Problem with that .............WALK ON !

Its Dead or Alive and everybody loves it for that =)

Pn33milan

question: are Team Ninja and Omega Force involved with each other regarding the graphical engine of their games?
i mean, do they use the same engine, but with different performances?

i sound very nooby in this regard. it's just i always wondered that.
DOA and the different DW games have a similar style about their character designs, so i started to wonder if they use the same engine.

i know team ninja worked for games like Hyrule warriors and Fire Emblem warriors, not to mention Warriors all-stars (of course). so there comes my doubt

Pn33milan

i noticed they started to work more than before on DW games, but i didn't know they used the same exact engine of DW9.
well, at least the lighting and coreographies are way better here XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DOA and the different DW games have a similar style about their character designs, so i started to wonder if they use the same engine.

The character designs or general art design of a game is unrelated to the engine it uses though. Dragon Ball FighterZ and Tekken 7 for example both use Unreal Engine 4. Wo'da thunk when just comparing the art style of both games. ;)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The way white clothing reacts to light is still off in the game. It is especially jarring in this case where you have Phase 4, whose white suit reacts realistically to the surrounding lighting, fight against Bass, whose white coat and pants beam as if they are radioactive:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
The way white clothing reacts to light is still off in the game. It is especially jarring in this case where you have Phase 4, whose white suit reacts realistically to the surrounding lighting, fight against Bass, whose white coat and pants beam as if they are radioactive:

Sounds like the Devs need to take another look at their specular maps for certain materials.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm just rewatching the EVO photo mode stuff. Two observations:
1) There's thigh and buttocks jiggle, you can clearly see they are deformed. Funny they didn't dare to promote this feature before.
2) Nico, at least in her deluxe costume, is pretty low polygon actually. There are more unsightly polygon angles visible on her legs and buttocks than would be visible on DOA5 models. Why the modelling downgrade, this makes absolutely no sense going from PS3/Xbox360 to PS4/XboxOne and PC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD