DOA6 Graphics Thread

Xion

In PS4 I would say only for Hayate and Tina (and this one after the third or fourth patch).

are you sure? I have it on xbox and those characters arent available to me on ps4 unless i happen to fight them in arcade. check helena long, Marie long, honoka half up, Kokoro cos 13-15 with beret, and Tina shoulder length. its only during gameplay, not during intro/win scenes or select screen. I think the texture quality went down as they tried to optimize the hair a bit because at least the animations have improved a bit since the game came out.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
that busted hair is on consoles too

Did you miss the part where @Juihau literally showed the PS4 version right next to the PC version, and the PS4 version clearly did not showcase that bug? ;)

Seems like each game version is messed up in one way or the other. Shows that TN (or whatever studio they outsourced too) poorly optimized all versions.
The worst thing is, much of that could be fixed with a next patch, if they only made an effort to fix it.

Xion

Did you miss the part where @Juihau literally showed the PS4 version right next to the PC version, and the PS4 version clearly did not showcase that bug? ;)

Seems like each game version is messed up in one way or the other. Shows that TN (or whatever studio they outsourced too) poorly optimized all versions.
The worst thing is, much of that could be fixed with a next patch, if they only made an effort to fix it.

no I didnt miss it, but it also wasnt always busted so I dont know if its a new screenshot, its certainly there on xbox one now, im trying to check on ps4

EDIT

yup just ran into her and her lose her does not have the bug on ps4, its pc and xbox versions that have it.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hopefully they iron out Momiji's hair physics in the next patch...

hair.gif

Thanks @Chapstick for the gif. :)

ATwoZee

To celebrate the return of Momiji, here are quick comparison of Momiji DOA6 and Momiji DOA5 photos, both on PC max...

m01stkbz.png

m020pjb4.png

m12p2kpw.png

m11hxjlf.png

...and the new face is kinda okay, I guess, but I still prefer previous one. The new one has pretty smooth skin, and she lost the detail of skin pores texture, or maybe the texture still the same, but the engine rendering might show it less visible. Not that the face texture is great anyway, but certainly could be enhanced more for DOA6. If DOA5/DOAX3 model is just taken directly to DOA6, it would be just fine, only need to smooth out some sharp polygons on the model.

m2ihkgm.png

m33qjd6.png

I could not really say much about the default costume quality improvement but the differences are certainly there and I noticed just a bit of polygon update.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The skin textures don't have less detail, it's just the lighting and shading.

My only complain is her break blow. The animation is cool and it's obviously a reference to Ninja Gaiden but ... the animation has clipping in her arms :roto2

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's normal for games to clip even with the BB. Other characters or 3D fighters in general clip with specials with outfits (even main outfits). There's even standard attacks in the game, hair etc. that tend to do that. Even games outside of fighting games have clipping from various types. For some, it's annoying thing to look at, but for the most part it is tolerable.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It's normal for games to clip even with the BB. Other characters or 3D fighters in general clip with specials with outfits (even main outfits). There's even standard attacks in the game, hair etc. that tend to do that. Even games outside of fighting games have clipping from various types. For some, it's annoying thing to look at, but for the most part it is tolerable.

I wouldn't complain if it wasn't the kind of "in your face" clipping. Since camera is locked and you can see it really clearly, it's super obvious with this one.

Xion

Hopefully they iron out Momiji's hair physics in the next patch...

hair.gif

Thanks @Chapstick for the gif. :)

I been nagging about this since before the game came out..it got better with some characters but its still bad with helena and brad wongs tied back hair. They need to do something with the physics engine so that it doesnt reset like that when youre being hit off the ground. this and the hit effects not fully turning off is my biggest gripe with DOA6 and no matter how much I try pointing it out to them they dont seem to give a fuck. maybe if master saw it he could communicate it directly and maybe they could finally fix those 2 things. Also some straps on mila and rig costumes that dont move.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

this and the hit effects not fully turning off is my biggest gripe with DOA6 and no matter how much I try pointing it out to them they dont seem to give a fuck. maybe if master saw it he could communicate it directly and maybe they could finally fix those 2 things. Also some straps on mila and rig costumes that dont move.

Almost two months ago I sent to both Master and Team Ninja a video comparison with DOA5LR hit effects so they definitively know about this glitch.

So:

A: For some reason it's a major bug and they still don't know how to fix it (I doubt it but we are talking about DW11 engine after all).

B: It's at the bottom of their priorities and almost no one complained about it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, I think the main problem with all these permanent smaller or bigger bugs and glitches is that not many complain loudly or persistently enough, so it is indeed a very low priority for them. The messed up male navels thing actually gained some traction, not just in this forum but also on others and on social media. More and more people noticed and started to make jokes. That's why they actually attempted to fix them three times, lol.
1) Adding a navel but at the wrong spot.
2) Adding a second navel at the right spot but leaving the first navel where it was.
3) Removing the first navel.

It took several months, but being persistent worked after all. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Here some observations I made of the recent ninja DLC. Its quality is very inconsistent and some stuff looks outright bad.

First of all, Ryu's DOA5 black falcon suit is way too big for him now. Especially the torso is really bulky, cutting into his arms, which are much thinner in DOA6 than they were in DOA5:

48762005612_02c9136d54_o.png

They messed up a lot on Diego. They forgot his scars and the mask which is supposed to closely hug his face, makes it look way too long. His chin area is massive now, and almost reaches down to his collar bone:

48761816921_54a5d373b1_o.png

On Jann Lee we actually see an improved detail. They apparently finally noticed that he was missing the arm veins that most other male characters have and that especially Jann Lee was famous for in older games:

48761816201_4e0a4dbaa3_o.png

Remember when his arm veins were actually modelled with polygons in DOA4? O:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last but not least they for some reason remodelled and messed up Rig's torso. His chest is now way too square and pronounced, especially the middle partition of the pec muscles:

48761465873_45ce82c51b_o.png

Here's a gif that Chapstick was so kind to make for me to better showcase the change:

tyaren.gif

His nipples wandered all the way to the sides of his torso.
It's funny, just some months ago I made the point in here that the upper bodies of the male character are way too unnatural and geometric looking...

bodies.jpg

...now it is even worse. I hope this is just the case for this costume. :(

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I had no idea they were changing body models with costumes. Thanks for the info.

Have you noticed Helena's ugly glitch with her three hairstyles in her ninja costume ?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD