DOA6 Story Discussion

Ninoasker

Wow, you’re really comparing Leon, a character who’s storyline finished in the same game he debuted in with Kasumi? April fools is in 2 weeks, it’s a little too early to crack jokes like that. I agree that it is unfortunate that Leon doesn’t have a story and isn’t involved in the series that much, but comparing him with Kasumi is just disrespectful. It’s not like Leon was an unique character before DOA5, he was literally a second Bayman, with a different identity. Nothing really stands out about Leon except gameplay. Leon was never destined for greatness.
Sorry, didn’t know it was so offensive to say Kasumi did next to nothing in 6, which is basically true lol. I’m not talking about Kasumi’s character as a whole, I’m talking about 6 exclusively, and the truth is 6’s story would be the same with or without her cause they just want to get rid of her asap so they can use Honoka as the face of DOA7, if that ever happens.

I’m sorry but what’s offensive here is saying Leon’s story is finished and thus there’s no point on bringing him back, especially when we’ve had to swallow the constant appearance of characters like Gen Fu (who was nothing but a mere supportive character in Eliot’s story in latest releases) and Raidou (who’s been supposed to be dead yet they always seem to bring him back in almost every entry one way or another, including 6 and the whole “making him a cyborg outta nowhere just so he can be the final boss again” and giving him ANOTHER daughter so she can also be put in the story somehow) for YEARS.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
True, no one can deny that.
Leon was just unfairly abandoned.

Memorable is such a subjective word. As I started with DOA2, Leon (and Lauren's death) was more impactful and memorable than any of Hitomi's scenes (except for the cabbage scene of course, that's saying).

Call me the "Marine Lepen" of DOA, but I prefer to stick to true original DOA characters rather than guests like the generic Kazamas (in my opinion, I don't want to be rude to you).
They’re just guests, they wouldn’t enhance the overall plot/story line of the characters. (I just want them in). I prefer original character over guest appearances as well, but not with Leon.

Sorry, didn’t know it was so offensive to say Kasumi did next to nothing in 6, which is basically true lol. I’m not talking about Kasumi’s character as a whole, I’m talking about 6 exclusively, and the truth is 6’s story would be the same with or without her cause they just want to get rid of her asap so they can use Honoka as the face of DOA7, if that ever happens.

I’m sorry but what’s offensive here is saying Leon’s story is finished and thus there’s no point on bringing him back, especially when we’ve had to swallow the constant appearance of characters like Gen Fu (who was nothing but a mere supportive character in Eliot’s story in latest releases) and Raidou (who’s been supposed to be dead yet they always seem to bring him back in almost every entry one way or another, including 6 and the whole “making him a cyborg outta nowhere just so he can be the final boss again” and giving him ANOTHER daughter so she can also be eput in the story somehow) for YEARS.
How is it offensive saying Leon’s story is finished, when it literally is finished? No offense, but I wouldn’t have picked Leon for the base roster of DOA6 either. Kasumi did nothing, I agree, but don’t compare her to Leon because it makes no sense to compare the protagonist with a filler slot. After seeing the ending of DOA6 I don’t think Honoka will play a significant role in the sequels, since her story has been told in DOA6, the only thing we don’t know about her is who her mother is. I think the sequel would focus more on NiCO, Helena, Kokoro, Rig and the Ninja’s.
and Raidou (who’s been supposed to be dead yet they always seem to bring him back in almost every entry one way or another, including 6 and the whole “making him a cyborg outta nowhere just so he can be the final boss again”
Every other entry? Raidou has been only a base character in DOA1 and in DOA6, he was DLC in DOA5. Raidou was obviously added back to enhance the ninja’s and Honoka’s plot. You can talk shit about Raidou, but Raidou has always been relevant, unlike
Leon. Because of Raidou we have 3 more characters in the DOA universe. Ayane, Ein and Honoka. Comparing a antagonist with a filler slot also makes no sense. Leon only had a story in DOA2. In DOA 3-5 he wasn’t a support character, he was a filler slot. I wanted Gen fu gone more than most people, but at least Gen fu was a support character that enhanced Eliot’s plot. I might be harsh, but at least I am honest. Leon never was a support character, he never had a story (with the exception of DOA2) and before 5 he used to be another Bayman. Leon has potential but unfortunately this isn’t the case. I’d rather get new entries over Leon.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Helena slapping NiCO

Incorrect:
Bayman beating up Marie for wanting to save Honoka, starting with knocking her out with a punch to her stomach.

Also:
Jann nearly won the tournament AGAIN :mad:. They could have let Eliot win to show his growth as a fighter or maybe Hitomi since she's been a finalist many times before but they just HAD to keep him as a top fighter...

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Helena slapping NiCO

Incorrect:
Bayman beating up Marie for wanting to save Honoka, starting with knocking her out with a punch to her stomach.
You're both hilariously wrong.

Nyotengu.

Brute

Standard Donor
Jann vs Diego for the final match was the most boring shit I could have ever concocted. And while I am obviously a tengu fan, I must admit...
Helena bitch-slapping NiCO was my favorite moment by far. So satisfying.

zoo

In DOA 3-5 he wasn’t a support character, he was a filler slot.
Eh so was Brad Wong tbh. Brad and Leon pretty much entered the their second tournament to continue what they set before.. only difference is they kept going with Brad's plot instead. Gotta remember Leon also had connections to Zack somehow and also had a rivalry with Bayman, saying he's not relevant is kinda unfair when most they did try connecting him in some way. I get finding him boring but logically speaking I don't think it's fair to say his story ended while everyone else's continued

Xhominid The Demon Within

The thing that pisses me off is that they NEVER explored the reason behind Lauren's death. In 3 games (DOA2, DOA3 and DOAD) and 20 years, they had the opportunity to write something more than just "I'm gonna be the strongest man in the world because my dead lover said so".

Why? I honestly do mean that:
Why? You do realize that having side characters barely have goals ultimately vanish or is practically done with the game or barely have any drive happens in alot of media, especially fighting games right?
Leon isn't even the first, Gen Fu's story literally finished in the 3rd game so they should continue trying to force reasons for Gen Fu to continue in the tournament? Brad Wong atleast became Eliot's guardian and thus can play off with Eliot growing more and more as a character(which is why I believe they reversed how he was from DOA4 just to give Brad Wong some meaning of existence).

hey the "main" character in DOA6 is honkers ok. everyone else just exists to either babysit this ticking bomb or fight each other over the privilege to do so

Yeah and I can see Honoka being SO prevalent in DOA7... no seriously, she isn't and I can see it being more based off NiCO and Helena so I don't know why people say this was Honoka's story when it was virtually about 7-8 people at once.
Honoka was literally a plot device, that's it.

Ninoasker

Eh so was Brad Wong tbh. Brad and Leon pretty much entered the their second tournament to continue what they set before.. only difference is they kept going with Brad's plot instead. Gotta remember Leon also had connections to Zack somehow and also had a rivalry with Bayman, saying he's not relevant is kinda unfair when most they did try connecting him in some way. I get finding him boring but logically speaking I don't think it's fair to say his story ended while everyone else's continued
God bless you. If he’s “irrelevant” now its because TN didn’t bother at all on giving him actual development after that, because him having connections to characters like Bayman and Zack is already enough for them to sit their ass at the office and write at least three fucking lines for a story development lol. His TOURNAMENT story ended, but he can still have more development outside the tournament storyline (since there’s enough characters filling that storyline with content such as Hitomi, Lei Fang and Jann Lee, Eliot [with Brad as a support], Mila + the Armstrongs [to some point since they have their own MMA tournament thingy that’s partnered with DOATEC probably as a promoter], and now Diego) where we can see what’s his deal with Bayman, or how the hell does he even know about Zack, just like how Kasumi went from participating in the tournament to just totally forget about it and go in a chase for her clones that DOATEC was developing behind the scenes of the DOA tournaments after she was captured. He can be put into the MIST/DOATEC storyline without any problem.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Oh well, it’s just the way the cookie crumbles and we can’t do anything about it. Leon won’t be missed but also won’t be forgotten. They could’ve made him a good character but he just wasn’t meant to be a good character.

Ninoasker

But I will miss him tho... :^(((

And I agree, sadly the Japanese market nowadays usually give the good character treatment in videogames to female characters, since not only do they sell more but they can also take profit of the situation since men will feel attracted to them (and spend money on merchan/dlc/whatever when they add fanservice) and women will like them for being well developed characters they can relate to. Leon being a male makes it hard for them to ever think about turning him into a good character, especially after being such a minor character now...

Xhominid The Demon Within

God bless you. If he’s “irrelevant” now its because TN didn’t bother at all on giving him actual development after that, because him having connections to characters like Bayman and Zack is already enough for them to sit their ass at the office and write at least three fucking lines for a story development lol. His TOURNAMENT story ended, but he can still have more development outside the tournament storyline (since there’s enough characters filling that storyline with content such as Hitomi, Lei Fang and Jann Lee, Eliot [with Brad as a support], Mila + the Armstrongs [to some point since they have their own MMA tournament thingy that’s partnered with DOATEC probably as a promoter], and now Diego) where we can see what’s his deal with Bayman, or how the hell does he even know about Zack, just like how Kasumi went from participating in the tournament to just totally forget about it and go in a chase for her clones that DOATEC was developing behind the scenes of the DOA tournaments after she was captured. He can be put into the MIST/DOATEC storyline without any problem.

Except that's the problem that people run into when it comes to these types of storylines:
Do you either try and force more and more stupid reasons for a character to appear in the storyline just to have them appear so they can be playable(like have Gen Fu STILL be looking for a cure to help his niece) or invent a whole new problem just for the character whose story is to be done to give them some reason to still be there?

Leon's story was done because... it was already over by DOA3 due to them clarifying what Laura told Leon. By trying to give him another reason to go to the tournament like "Christie killed Laura all along", it just further makes the story artificial. @Brute has a decent point in that Kasumi's story is practically OVER now as the only reason it's still ongoing is because of Ninja Bullshit and Donovan. It's the main reason why DOA6 ended off with Helena and NiCO of all people and furthering the issues and problems Helena is facing rather than anything from the Ninja(and to be frank, Helena has just as much of a protagonist role as they do). That's why I say DOA7 isn't going to focus on Marie and Honoka like people say because Honoka was a plot device JUST for Raidou's return(and possibly more development for Ayane) but on Helena and NiCO.

You can say why Kasumi will still be in DOA6 because the Mugen Tenshin still has beef with Donovan, you cannot say that Leon can easily be interjected just because by comparison(They CAN add him in and any other non-playable character into the cast and they can be dead, but since they want to focus explicitly on the story first...)

But I will miss him tho... :^(((

And I agree, sadly the Japanese market nowadays usually give the good character treatment in videogames to female characters, since not only do they sell more but they can also take profit of the situation since men will feel attracted to them (and spend money on merchan/dlc/whatever when they add fanservice) and women will like them for being well developed characters they can relate to. Leon being a male makes it hard for them to ever think about turning him into a good character, especially after being such a minor character now...

*Looks at Chun Li in SFV* HELL NO that's not true.

zoo

Screenshot_8.jpg

Looks extremely non canon but it seems Kasumi's plot was relegated to a mobile game lol didn't know time travel was a thing in DOA

U_C_A_F

Kasumi's story frankly ended. But she's still lingering around. Doing absolutely nothing.

Better yet lets make a literal clone of her who is even more worthless and a does even less of anything in the story and adds nothing to the roster other being Kasumi with black smoke effects instead of pink petals...whoopity doo!

The fact of the matter is damn near the entire DOA roster is some of the most wasted potential and stalest storylines in any fighter i've played and using it as a base to decide who should be playable is a joke.

View attachment 28082
Looks extremely non canon but it seems Kasumi's plot was relegated to a mobile game lol didn't know time travel was a thing in DOA

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER SHITTY MOBILE GAME!!!

(The raging fanboy is screaming right now)

The story of this new game already makes NO SENSE at all. So this stupid mobile DOA game takes place after DOA 5, but before DOA 6, and Kasumi is taken back in time to defeat Phase 4 and stop its mass production.

But in DOA 5, Phase 4 is only shown once, and never really does anything, and in DOA 6, she's not even there. It's just clones of a clone, which they already show that Phase 4 is ALREADY being mass produced. (I know it sounds stupid, but that sounds about right).

So if Kasumi kills Phase 4 in the parallel world that is the past and manages to stop the mass production, HOW THE HELL DOES PHASE 4 STILL BE MASS PRODUCED IN THE SEQUEL, DOA 6?!?!

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!

(panting)

ITAGAKI, PLEASE SAVE US FROM THESE SHITTY ABOMINATIONS OF DOA GAMES.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD