Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Omg your crazy lol! XD
They look great, Please give us another casual contest I want a fixed goal of something to work on on my tablet to really kick my mind into high-gear! I'd go crazy for a Halloween contest as well of course but there's just so many directions and fashion styles you can go with with a casual contest that you can't with a Halloween theme...And a lot of my Halloween submissions last year weren't even actually Halloween costumes they were more suited for a casual contest. ( Still entered them anyway cause why not. :p )

I'd love to see more contest packs in doa6, Like a Halloween pack each year with fan designs in October but then also casual contest fan design packs sprinkled in throughout the year? I don't know just an idea. There's a part of me that would love to see a Halloween contest happen this year being announced in April but I know that's super close after the launch and so is super unlikely. :p

Yeah, I want a casual costume contest so bad, especially because the men are so costume starved. Diego has basically just 1.5 costumes, and that as a new character.

The fact that Master and the official DOA6 Twitter page retweeted my costume contest related tweet though gives me hope they are already planning a costume contest. :)

But who are we kidding, if there's another costume contest it will again be a Halloween one. I can see why they think they are best suited though. Gives them time to work on the costumes until fall, has some really wild ideas, people love Halloween and dressing up and they like spending money on special events in the year.

Dr PaC

I just looked through some twitch streams at the quest mode parts and learned what I could about unlocking costumes. A lot of this is known info but some of it was new to me and hopefully someone else will appreciate it too:

You unlock costumes from getting costume parts in Quest Mode. There are a total of 96 quests mode challenges for those with an early copy of the game. Some challenges offer more costume parts than others as a reward and some challenges are more difficult while other are easy. Most, if not all, challenges seem to require that you use a specific character that the developers have already selected.

When you complete the challenge you get costume parts for a random character and costume. So, for example, on Rooflemonger's stream (link), at about 39 minutes he does a challenge requiring that he use Jann Lee. He completes the challenge and gets rewards of 200 costume parts (200 of 1000 necessary ) for Helena, Costume 12. A DOA Encyclopedia lore entry was automatically unlocked when the quest was completed.

What I have not been able to figure out is whether Quests can be repeated for random rewards...if you just cannot do some of the more difficult quests can I go back and try and get the parts I need elsewhere?
Do you think the grind will take a long time?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Omg your crazy lol! XD
They look great, Please give us another casual contest I want a fixed goal of something to work on on my tablet to really kick my mind into high-gear! I'd go crazy for a Halloween contest as well of course but there's just so many directions and fashion styles you can go with with a casual contest that you can't with a Halloween theme...And a lot of my Halloween submissions last year weren't even actually Halloween costumes they were more suited for a casual contest. ( Still entered them anyway cause why not. :p )

I'd love to see more contest packs in doa6, Like a Halloween pack each year with fan designs in October but then also casual contest fan design packs sprinkled in throughout the year? I don't know just an idea. There's a part of me that would love to see a Halloween contest happen this year being announced in April but I know that's super close after the launch and so is super unlikely. :p
Oh god, some of the art that people submitted for the contest...oh God xD

Xhominid The Demon Within

Because Christie is popular in the team and Lisa is treated like a boss character in that latest Famitsu scan.

No you are also wrong. It's because Christie is alive and Lisa is-

source.gif

DEAD!

ee2.gif

RetroMe91

Because Christie is popular in the team and Lisa is treated like a boss character in that latest Famitsu scan.
Omg. Face crack of the century. Plot twist: Lisa has been the boss this whole time. She is actually much stronger (and clearly more resilient) than Raidou. Although it might make sense for Nico’s story arch to have Lisa as a boss character. Lisa would know who works for MIST and may still have connections, so if she was trying to right the wrongs and take her revenge, NiCo would be the right person for her to take down.

Strangerinmytub

What are these costume patterns I keep hearing about? Are they just points towards unlocking costumes? Or can you further customize each costume with different patterns and designs like in For Honor?

UpSideDownGRUNT

What are these costume patterns I keep hearing about? Are they just points towards unlocking costumes? Or can you further customize each costume with different patterns and designs like in For Honor?
They unlock costumes, each costume requires a certain amount of costumes bpattern parts when you have enough you unlock the costume to buy with coins.

RetroMe91

They unlock costumes, each costume requires a certain amount of costumes bpattern parts when you have enough you unlock the costume to buy with coins.
Wait... so after unlocking the costume with parts, you still have to buy them with coins?? Thats a little extra. I’m sure earning coins is fairly easy, but come on...

zoo

it's honestly pretty surreal having to unlock hairstyles, costumes I sorta get since that's always been a thing but stuff like loose hair kasumi and such should just be there as always

legibifou

Phase 4 and Helena are gorgeous ! But Kasumi is a little, mmmh, ridiculous (?) with her ninja scarf hiding her mouth. And Bayman, it's like he just woke up and put his boots, lol. Seriously, this costume makes me think of a summer pajamas. Oh, and the lack of bulge is definitely weird. Really.
And... nothing to say about the others, except they are "meh".

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD