Senran Kagura Series

P2p1mbs

ah didnt know that, thought she was a 5 year old wean that could turn into a lady somehoow

Kagura's existence is only ever explained in deep crimson; it can be a bit confusing since that game essentially takes place in a different universe from all the other games and stories.

Basically; in the deep crimson universe, Kagura refers not to the highest shinobi rank like in the versus ganes but the character who is a immortal being who emerges when youmas are appearing in large numbers to slay them and grow in power.

In estival versus, the Mikagura sisters mention befriending her and its explained in peach beach splash that she will sometimes travel to different universes.

The connection between the Kagura character and rank is never explained but since she's immortal, it's possible that in the versus universe, she may have helped kill youmas in the past and the kagura rank was named after her (but I'm just Gessen guessing with that explanation).

Brute

Standard Donor
Burst Re-Newal just went on sale on Steam. If I bought it now, would I still have to pay for the DLC sets that they previously released for free?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Burst Re-Newal just went on sale on Steam. If I bought it now, would I still have to pay for the DLC sets that they previously released for free?
Is Burst Re-Newal really worth buying though? It’s basically EV with less characters.

Brute

Standard Donor
Is Burst Re-Newal really worth buying though? It’s basically EV with less characters.
Don't know. Haven't played it.

But honestly, I kinda just want to support the SK series. I was pretty bummed to hear about SK7's fate and the reason for its predicament. I actually wouldn't care much if they released a SK game with heavily toned down sexuality, but I would care if they were forced to do that and sacrifice their vision just because Sony became prudes all of a sudden.

I'm mostly looking for a fun romp that lets me hit lots of buttons with tons of content/customization and good music. If ReNewal offers that, I'll probably be decently satisfied with my purchase, even if it is largely recycled content with minimal upgrades. After all, I did buy DOA6...

P2p1mbs

Re:Newal is probably worth checking out if you haven't played the original Burst on 3DS since much of the story content is just from that. Outside of that, the only real new content are Yumi and Me-a-be's new story modes that show what they did before Shinovi Versus but I think those are paid DLC.

Jadeinchains

Marvelous' E3 2019 lineup...
D8ZpGLJX4AAhN3T.jpg%3Alarge

...no SK7 on the list. :(
The only hope could be that SK7 is secretly the "grand new title" or that with all the problems SK7 had with the whole censorship thing that they've renamed it or something and gone in a new direction etc for SK7 and that's the grand new title?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Marvelous' E3 2019 lineup...
D8ZpGLJX4AAhN3T.jpg%3Alarge

...no SK7 on the list. :(
The only hope could be that SK7 is secretly the "grand new title" or that with all the problems SK7 had with the whole censorship thing that they've renamed it or something and gone in a new direction etc for SK7 and that's the grand new title?
I hope that's what's it is since im not touching that peach ball game xD I'm hoping I won't be 23 by the time it comes out >.>

P2p1mbs

No SK7 news but at leasr there's Peach ball, better than nothing I guess.

It's obvious that game will never release the way they initially wanted due to the ps4 censorship.

I personally hope they could just make a renewal style remake of deep crimson.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No SK7 news but at leasr there's Peach ball, better than nothing I guess.

It's obvious that game will never release the way they initially wanted due to the ps4 censorship.

I personally hope they could just make a renewal style remake of deep crimson.
As long as Ryona and that one gothic girl with that shaggy hime cut and the mini twintails is in id love that xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
When SK7 and Fubuki is featured I'll care, as of right now SK is dead on my eyes:rolleyes: it'll probably be this way until they can sort out a way to release the game after the whole Sony censorship thing

Jadeinchains

When SK7 and Fubuki is featured I'll care, as of right now SK is dead on my eyes:rolleyes: it'll probably be this way until they can sort out a way to release the game after the whole Sony censorship thing

Yeah the only SK related thing I feel like there has been news for the past couple of months has been Peach Ball which I am completely uninterested in. :I And they seem to go so long with complete radio silence of giving us no info/news on whats happening.

There's new link and new wave which I enjoy seeing the new cards/art that comes out for the characters every couple weeks/month etc since character art is always nice. ( Even though Matsuri doesn't get new art nearly as often as she should. :p ) But obviously new cards/art in New Link and New wave is not the same as actual new mainline game news.

I'm just continuing to hold out for us to eventually actually get news,screenshots,trailer...Something about SK7. ( or whatever If it's maybe undergone a name change or something ) I want SK7 news and to see what it looks like, Learn when it could be coming out etc. What little we did see of it ( like...1.5 year ago now? ) with the WIP new Asuka model looked great. I just hope we'll get some news of it and it will eventually release and that even with Takaki gone that the series can continue.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD