Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
We only know JP numbers for now:

DOA 6 first week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo, 03/01/19) – 26,442 (New)

DOA5LR first week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 24,457 (New)
[PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 11,271 (New)

DOA6 second week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo, 03/01/19) – 5,223 (31,665)

DOA5LR second week:

It didn't even reach top 20 sales and the 20th top title was:

[PS4] The Order: 1886 (SCE, 02/20/15) – 4,840 (29,863)
So what you're saying is just by JP physical numbers DOA6 is doing just fine.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I'm obviously talking about what we know, that's Japanese market.

In Western market we can assume that digital sales >= physical sales due Deluxe Edition being only digital here but we will have to wait for Koei Tecmo fiscal year report to know the total number sales.

Anyways, looking to titwch DOA 6 spectators and players numbers almost everyday I would say that the game is really far from being a flop.

Last edited:

TheTHCGamer

Wow the games been out two freaking weeks and there have already been significant improvements. Some of the complaints people have are valid but what's with some of you making comments like this game is going to be dead.

Seriously some of you are so dramatic or really want this game to fail. Complaints are fine so the game can continue to improve but if you feel so burned by the game just find another game to play instead.

2 weeks the games been out.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It hurt me see all this denial.
DOA 6 Is not doing that well, the world would not die because se asume the true.

It could be doing better, but the game is doing just fine. I mean the Digital Deluxe debuted number one on Steam with the basic game and the season pass also cracking top ten. The game has already been at two majors, and is being hosted by Team Spooky every week. AA and CEO are coming up along with the 90000 dollar DOA6 Championships which I heard was more money than Tekken's circuit. This game is going to evolve and get better over time; heck it already is.

I'm not worried right now, but once again it could be better without selling it short either. To be fair DOA5 had the same critical reception and it lasted over six years offline proving a ton of critics wrong. We will find out in time if this holds true for DOA6 -- but the road is already laid out for offline success.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Lobbies delayed to April, what a train wreck. Count me a believer in the self sabotage theory now.

kim-kardashian-blank-stare-gif.gif

tumblr_n4yqz25wXZ1s5gwi6o1_500.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think its less about sabotaging the series and more them (both TN and KT) being REALLY incompetent.
Well tbf the lobbies on PC weren't all that stable yet since they lagged as people joined and Panic(a higher level Kasumi player I love) even experienced his game crashing at times on stream so maybe there's still some stuff they have to fix up before it's ready?

GarryJaune

lobbies (Ver.1.03b) are now scheduled for release in April. Your patience is greatly appreciated

fuck you TEAM NINJA:)

Strangerinmytub

At this rate we'll have DLC characters before we have lobbies, don't even know if we can blame KT for this anymore. It's been a solid month with no other content outside of around a dozen costumes and some reused intros/outros (which only a handful of characters got) but KT still can't figure their shit out. Lobbies were OUT and FUNCTIONAL on PC, just release the damn thing and patch out the remaining issues later. The playerbase is shrinking every moment I have no idea why they insist on waiting so long to release the "perfect" lobby when they NEED to release SOMETHING right now.

Xhominid The Demon Within

At this rate we'll have DLC characters before we have lobbies, don't even know if we can blame KT for this anymore. It's been a solid month with no other content outside of around a dozen costumes and some reused intros/outros (which only a handful of characters got) but KT still can't figure their shit out. Lobbies were OUT and FUNCTIONAL on PC, just release the damn thing and patch out the remaining issues later. The playerbase is shrinking every moment I have no idea why they insist on waiting so long to release the "perfect" lobby when they NEED to release SOMETHING right now.

Honestly... I doubt that.
If they release them now when they still have bugs, we don't even know if they will fix them at all after that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD