Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It's ok not liking it but regular bikinis aren't some kind of mistake. Swimsuits and bikinis existed in fighting games (and in DOA) even before DOA Xtreme existed.

They are normal clothes that you can find in stores, it's not even something sexual per se. It's just seasonal content, like wedding, halloween and christmas costumes.

If they don't add micro bikinis, that gravure idols mode or things like OMG physics it shouldn't be an issue.
I don’t mind swimsuits either but with the whole toning down thing I think they should wait with swimsuits. They should prioritise original costumes over the swimsuits since they’re more requested.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I don’t mind swimsuits either but with the whole toning down thing I think they should wait with swimsuits. They should prioritise original costumes over the swimsuits since they’re more requested.

Well, it's either now or waiting for summer 2020. Would be strange releasing bikinis around September or November like they did with DOA5LR.

I think now it's the moment, releasing them and moving on from people asking for bikinis and start working in other things.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Beach stage confirmed? @Tyaren

It does indeed look like a blurred preview image of a beach stage. O:

On the topic of bikinis:
I like bikinis, if they are unique, pretty and well designed. There were some sets before that imo looked really nice, like the Last Round preorder sets. Oh, and of course the men need to get in on the fun with beach trunks.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It does indeed look like a blurred preview image of a beach stage. O:

On the topic of bikinis:
I like bikinis, if they are unique, pretty and well designed. There were some sets before that imo looked really nice, like the Last Round preorder sets. Oh, and of course the men need to get in on the fun with beach trunks.

This one?

Not all them were unique but most them looked good.

Just remove shirts and jackets from the guys or make them breakables and everyone would be happy.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hi, I'm the author of the modding tools for DOA6.
Some of you wondered about the data mining of the new stage, I'll post here what I discovered (I posted this alredy in the LL forums, for future reference, that's pretty much the home of DOA6 modding and where I would post anything unusual I find).

The evidence that points to Zack Island as future stage are two.
One of them is a texture ("dead" file 0xc121c017.g1t in container RRPreview).

The texture looks like this: View attachment 28778

(Note: the color scheme may vary, in fact the color scheme was very different when the texture was loaded in Photoshop). Like this (I had to screenshot it, as it would loose this color when saving in other format):
View attachment 28779

The texture looks like a preview texture, like the ones you can see in background in other stages.

The other evidence is a "dead" file called "Envs_S1601ISL_env.motor.kidsscndb.kidsobjdb" in the KIDSSystemResource container.
The "S1601ISL" name matches other stage names convention.

For example, S0101PIR is "Forbidden Fortune"; "S1101BAM" is Miyabi, etc, with the last numbered current stage being "S1501GRD" (Chamber of potential).

It is worth to mention that these files were "dead", this meaning, they were unlisted from main .rdb, but still existed in the .rdb.bin* files. "Dead files" are usually old files that have been updated or discarded, these ones, however, were in the 1.06 containers (bin_9), which suggest they are files in development.

The latest version of my rdbtool (0.8) can extract these "dead" files
Thanks for sharing that, here. We really do love hearing about stuff like this.

I wish the modding community was localized here, but alas, priorities...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If we get Rachel and Momiji I'm good. Now even if I wasn't the biggest fan of Momiji I am willing to bet she will be better for 6.

Though I don't like the idea of Zack Island returning. Makes me think that DOAX girls from Venus Vacation have a chance, and if that happens I'm done.

I also want Genfu and Leon, but my priority is Rachel. My sweet sweet Rachel.

P2p1mbs

If we get Rachel and Momiji I'm good. Now even if I wasn't the biggest fan of Momiji I am willing to bet she will be better for 6.

Though I don't like the idea of Zack Island returning. Makes me think that DOAX girls from Venus Vacation have a chance, and if that happens I'm done.

I also want Genfu and Leon, but my priority is Rachel. My sweet sweet Rachel.

6 not having Rachel from the start is the only reason I'm not playing it as much as I want to.

As for the VV girls, they already said they don't plant on adding them since none of them are fighters so i dont think there's any need to worry about seeing them as playable in 6 outside of maybe a DOAX type minigame which would never happen.

As for a beach stage, a remake of Zack Island is the most likely thing they would do but I personally hope to see a remake of the beach stage from DOAU

Dionysus

If they want to delay swimsuits to the end of the year, they can always say the beach stage is located in the Southern Hemisphere (it's weird to hear about it being weird to not have them in July when it's 0 degree nights here!)

As far as characters are concerned I expect Momiji for sure. I give them about a 25% chance of having a male character. I'll be astonished if they both are. No idea on the second one, but I doubt it's Rachel to be honest.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I hope "our" account is not left just to promote tournaments most time.

Let's see how they run each account but I don't like how this looks.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Gen fu would feel more like a clone at this point. They already gave majority of his moves to Eliot, adding him to 6 would feel unnecessary. That’s why im
Against the return of Ein and Gen fu, their styles are already in the game and just feel like a waste.

Momiji, Rachel and Leon should return. Their styles are original unlike Gen fu and Ein’s.

Besides those 3 I want new original characters, but knowing TN and their loli fetish phase I’d rather have guests at this point. The guests i’d want are:

Goh Hinogami (VF)
Kiryu (Yakuza)
Jin (T7)
Asuka (T7)
Tifa Lockhart (FF)
Chun Li (SF)
I think this is a balanced DLC character set.

P2p1mbs

Out of all the non guest characters cut from 5, I think alpha is the one least likely to come back. Ein and Lein didn't make it to the base release of 5 due to time concerns but I'm sure they will return as well, likely AFTER Momiji and Rachel due to being male characters.

Gen Fu has been with the series since the first game (and he's the first of the original cast to be cut in a first release for a sequel) so he can return as well. Just like Ein and Leon, he likely didn't make it in the main release due to time.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If he wasn’t in due to time why did they already hint him going to retire back in 5? Gen fu is an original, but he retired. I honestly don’t think he should return. I don’t know why everyone keeps whining about characters like Ein and Gen fu when 9 of 10 wont even play them and want them in just because. I’d rather have them focus on new characters instead of the same old characters.

P2p1mbs

If he wasn’t in due to time why did they already hint him going to retire back in 5? Gen fu is an original, but he retired. I honestly don’t think he should return. I don’t know why everyone keeps whining about characters like Ein and Gen fu when 9 of 10 wont even play them and want them in just because. I’d rather have them focus on new characters instead of the same old characters.

I only say he should return because he was with the series from the start, the cast to me feels incomplete without all the OG characters. Maybe he isnt widely played and sure, Eliot has some of his moves but if people want Ein, Leon, Momiji and Rachel back, why shouldn't he return as well as a bonus character with no story?

Jackie Chan Fan

The DOAXVV girls will join the mainline fighting games, I hope Tina, Christie, and the rest can join DOAX first. haha

(Fixed. Missing the "if" earlier.)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD