Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I had a similar experience with Hayabusa. He's basically now a more boring version of his DOA5 counterpart but with worse neutral. Tier-wise he's fine because most everyone else got that treatment, but playing him just felt like playing a worse, kiddie version of DOA5. So, I switched mains, and have been having a much better experience. Granted, the experience is not half as good as the DOA5 experience, but it's something, and I'd recommend you give it a shot if you haven't. It distances the game from direct comparisons to 5, and while that doesn't erase the game's plethora of flaws and ineptitudes, it does make them more bearable.

I was playing with Momiji as sub but I rarely swtich mains, I only do that when they aren't in a game (like Hilde in SC VI). It really hurts me not being able to enjoy playing my main because they don't know what to do with her and with the game.

And as you say, DOA6 feels like a simpler DOA5 version so I tend to wonder myself what is the reason to keep playing this game instead DOA5. I didn't like everything about DOA5 but I prefer it by far in comparison with DOA6 in all areas, visually, gameplay wise and content wise.

I was playing with Momiji as sub but I rarely swtich mains, I only do that when they aren't in a game (like Hilde in SC VI). It really hurts me not being able to enjoy playing my main because they don't know what to do with her and with the game.

And as you say, DOA6 feels like a simpler DOA5 version so I tend to wonder myself what is the reason to keep playing this game instead DOA5. I didn't like everything about DOA5 but I prefer it by far in comparison with DOA6 in all areas, visually, gameplay wise and content wise.
I had the same issue with Helena. Something about her just felt off in this game, and because of my inconsistent performance with her, I ended demoting her to one of my subs. This was a painful choice for me because she was my favorite character, but because of how she plays in Doa6, I found myself constantly struggling with her.

I felt like she really fell from grace in Doa6, but maybe I’ m Exaggerating.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I had the same issue with Helena. Something about her just felt off in this game, and because of my inconsistent performance with her, I ended demoting her to one of my subs. This was a painful choice for me because she was my favorite character, but because of how she plays in Doa6, I found myself constantly struggling with her.

I felt like she really fell from grace in Doa6, but maybe I’ m Exaggerating.

Since I'm not playing DOA6 tournaments for me it isn't a situation where I have to win for sure, is more about the lack of motivation to keep playing with her because it's no longer fun.

I just don't get why they thought simpler and boring gameplay was a good approach.

KwonJigglypuff

Helena needs new flashy moves :
- 66K+H follow up : P (windmill) / P+K (atsuda)
- Teishitsu kick option : K (Alpha's 152's 9K)
- A throw option after her BKO sidestep

What do you guys mean by boring? Lower tier? From my old mains I only tried Tengu and Lisa but they were boring because they played exactly like 5.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What do you guys mean by boring? Lower tier? From my old mains I only tried Tengu and Lisa but they were boring because they played exactly like 5.
Well....
1. the combo scaling prevents people from doing different combo’s. That’s because there’s only one way to get max damage in the current DOA6.
2. The properties of moves for characters have changed. Moves that used to be really useful in previous DOA games, basically have no function in DOA6 now.
3. The mechanics of DOA6 are not in every character’s favour. For characters like Kasumi and Raidou, DOA6’s mechanics are more favourable for them than for characters like Marie Rose, Bayman and Hitomi.

TheTHCGamer

Not seeing a single thing since launch that's making me want to come back to this game. It's too bad DoA is one of my favorite fighting game franchises but it so obvious DoA6 has just been a straight cash grab at this point.

The game was obviously an afterthought this time around and I'm not coming back until there's real incentive too. Delayed lobbies and terrible content so far minus the DLC characters.

TN and tecmo should be ashamed of themselves because this is a straight up downgrade from DoA5. I keep coming back here every couple to see if DoA6 is worth investing time into but it still isn't.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well I hate to say it or come off as a fanboy, but this isn't the DOA feedback thread. If you have a problem with the game, at this point I believe there are about three different threads to address feedback. Sound off to their Twitter or other social media accounts where the feedback will undoubtedly be observed by them and leave this thread for tweets from the company.

The game is slowly improving with each patch guys, but not every update is going to be a slam dunk. Watch ECT this weekend and see how good the game is played at tournament level if you have been thinking of coming back: https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/ect-is-crucial-packed-with-all-star-fighters.8634/

Raansu

They said that the patch notes on the website was missing Zack and Leifang changes and were added to the page and you may need to clear your cache on your browser for the page to update. If you go to the pdf for v1.12 it has those changes now.

1571319469882.png

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Well I hate to say it or come off as a fanboy, but this isn't the DOA feedback thread. If you have a problem with the game, at this point I believe there are about three different threads to address feedback. Sound off to their Twitter or other social media accounts where the feedback will undoubtedly be observed by them and leave this thread for tweets from the company.

The game is slowly improving with each patch guys, but not every update is going to be a slam dunk. Watch ECT this weekend and see how good the game is played at tournament level if you have been thinking of coming back: https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/ect-is-crucial-packed-with-all-star-fighters.8634/
Good gameplay don’t fix the existing errors.

Dionysus

Patiently waiting to see how bad SP3 pricetag is. It would be ironic if they buff Bayman not a week after Rikuto gave up on this game though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thank you Jesus, hopefully the season pass costumes will center around Kasumi this time xD
Patiently waiting to see how bad SP3 pricetag is. It would be ironic if they buff Bayman not a week after Rikuto gave up on this game though.
It probably won't be that bad if they use the discounted price like S2 but since it has a bulk of costumes it'll probably cost more.

And idk if they'll buff a character just because he gave up on the game, as hard as it is seeing your character suffer, you should use them no matter how rough things get for them. I just hope they'll make Kasumi's 9PP a consistent +1 on block since its always changing from +1 to -1

Raansu

Nobody ever really leaves DOA. They just take dramatic breaks and begrudgingly come back when the itch becomes too great not to scratch.

I played 5U for a few days and never played it again because I was completely over all the constant nerfs. I completely skipped out on 5LR until the last few months of its life after 6 got announced. If it wasn't for that I'd likely would have never played DoA again. Not hard to quit a game if you're unhappy with it.

Brute

Standard Donor
I played 5U for a few days and never played it again because I was completely over all the constant nerfs. I completely skipped out on 5LR until the last few months of its life after 6 got announced. If it wasn't for that I'd likely would have never played DoA again. Not hard to quit a game if you're unhappy with it.
So, you took a dramatic break and are now begrudgingly back to scratch the itch?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD