Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

BeeLy1011

Who is project Jill? Idrc if she likes or dislikes Kanna. I like Kanna as a character and would like her in the DOA fighting series, but at this point and time she’s not what DOA needs. She’s just another little girl and besides her being a demon like Nyo she doesn’t bring much to the table. Would’ve she been added during the DOA5U era after Nyotengu and Phase 4. She probably would’ve been received better than now, after we got Honoka, Nico, and many other little girls in DOAX.
Fair point, I will agree that she wouldn't be received well if she were the next character or something. I do think it'd be interesting to introduce Oni in the story though...

Don't take Project Jill seriously, she's not all that. She's a mediocre player who lusts over Marie Rose and Honoka and spends her days uploading Xtreme and VV pics, and she loves to kiss her own ass and will argue and dismiss people who don't agree with her silly opinions like Marie Being the queen of the series and her being the main highlight of the story, I never take anything she says serious at all xD I've had her and her lap dog Luca del Irrelevant Rey muted on Twitter ever since she tried to take a jab at me when I won that doa6 combo contest, I can't stand her since she's the epitome of a DOA fan who adds nothing to the community besides her fantasies for Marie and Nyo, she can stick to playing the beach games
jesus this is not what I expected lol

Chaos

Don't take Project Jill seriously, she's not all that. She's a mediocre player who lusts over Marie Rose and Honoka and spends her days uploading Xtreme and VV pics, and she loves to kiss her own ass and will argue and dismiss people who don't agree with her silly opinions like Marie Being the queen of the series and her being the main highlight of the story, I never take anything she says serious at all xD I've had her and her lap dog Luca del Irrelevant Rey muted on Twitter ever since she tried to take a jab at me when I won that doa6 combo contest, I can't stand her since she's the epitome of a DOA fan who adds nothing to the community besides her fantasies for Marie and Nyo, she can stick to playing the beach games

And I don't hate Kanna but she's not all that imo, she's basically a childish oni loli, I don't really want her in DOA or Nioh tbh, I would rather have Fiona in DOA over Kanna any day since she doesn't really add anything to the plot. I feel like her, Nagisa and Lobelia are basically just there so that way Nyo and Fiona and the other girl can have someone they have a prior history with

uh no he isn't xD Hayabusa is very popular tbh, he has alot of mains in DOA and his game NG alone is very popular, if TN actually hired Itagaki back and made NG like it was before, it would sell out, it wouldn't now since the story is a mess but Hayabusa himself is an icon. Just because you don't like someone doesn't make them unpopular

I don't think adding them in would really do anything, I don't mind them being cameo or side characters but NG is mainly for Ryu, Ayane, Rachel and Momiji. Kasumi wasn't even supposed to be in NG since Itagaki said she was too soft for it, but they disregarded all that when he left, and she doesn't add anything to the story
"I've had her and her lap dog Luca del Irrelevant Rey muted on Twitter ever since she tried to take a jab at me when I won that doa6 combo contest"

What the hell?! xD

All because you won a DOA6 combo contest? Funniest s**t I've ever read LMAO.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
"I've had her and her lap dog Luca del Irrelevant Rey muted on Twitter ever since she tried to take a jab at me when I won that doa6 combo contest"

What the hell?! xD

All because you won a DOA6 combo contest? Funniest s**t I've ever read LMAO.
Yeah, it wasn't a good experience tbh, some guy was mad my Kasumi cross up combo beat his Mila one and when I defended myself Jill copied my exact combo and tried to make it seem like it wasn't "hard" to do and that she doesn't main Kasumi but she could perform it.... I mean yeah, if you see a combo of course you can do it, and it was a creative combo, it wasn't meant to somehow seem high execution xD She tried to apologize but it was very insincere and I didn't accept it so she unfollowed me and Luca did the same later on when he realized I didnt like her and he also didn't like when I said Kasumi wasn't broken(He complains about Kasumi beinf OP but he mains Nyo who isn't a good MU for her, but he claims he "mains" all the girls, so he shouldn't have a real issue). But tbh I always fall out with the young/narcissist attention whores in the doa community on twitter so I'm not really surprised tbh xD

I wish they would make more DOA type contests tho so it gives the doa community some more involvement since they slowed that all down a couple months ago. I like seeing DOATEC OFFICIAL RTing fan art and stuff but that gets old after a while, and no one really shares any new tech as of late in the character tags, Tekken is way more active and SFV is about to get Dan so it's kinda like being locked inside a house watching the other game communities getting new stuff...

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I wish they would make more DOA type contests tho so it gives the doa community some more involvement since they slowed that all down a couple months ago. I like seeing DOATEC OFFICIAL RTing fan art and stuff but that gets old after a while, and no one really shares any new tech as of late in the character tags, Tekken is way more active and SFV is about to get Dan so it's kinda like being locked inside a house watching the other game communities getting new stuff...
Well... yeah they said they’d take a break which means we won’t hear anything, anytime soon.

marussya

Well... yeah they said they’d take a break which means we won’t hear anything, anytime soon.
In August they said they'll take break from doa, now they are saying that they'll take a break from nioh. I think it's kinda vice versa situation. If not, they are definitely working on NG, and we can hear something very soon. I doubt that it is new IP

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Team NINJA pulled the plug on DOA6, but they did not say they were taking a break from the series; not at all in the same sense they said Nioh had been concluded as a franchise. Just to clarify.

When they say multiple games it is kind of vague, but they are very happy with DOAXVV so there is no doubt in my mind they will milk that game at the very least this year if there are no other DOA announcements.

Bet on Ninja Gaiden, but don’t immediately think it’s over for DOA either.

From what I was told they faced lawsuit threats over the hair rental service that never came into fruition. So it’s no surprise to me they would pull the plug on DOA6 and rethink the direction.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Team NINJA pulled the plug on DOA6, but they did not say they were taking a break from the series; not at all in the same sense they said Nioh had been concluded as a franchise. Just to clarify.

When they say multiple games it is kind of vague, but they are very happy with DOAXVV so there is no doubt in my mind they will milk that game at the very least this year if there are no other DOA announcements.

Bet on Ninja Gaiden, but don’t immediately think it’s over for DOA either.

From what I was told they faced lawsuit threats over the hair rental service that never came into fruition. So it’s no surprise to me they would pull the plug on DOA6 and rethink the direction.

Actually they "did" say they were taking a break for Dead or Alive as well, but in the terms to new releases rather than the series as a whole (which also applies to Nioh at this very time due to previous hints that they were interested in another Nioh), the context is hardly any different:

Spoke to Tom and he also feels that Nioh is just taking a break and to not get it too twisted with news articles, but also mentioning to take it with a grain of salt that anything can happen as well since he doesn't have final confirmation notice if it truly is on break or not, which is also possible to just end the series right there, and if Nioh's gotta go, it's gotta go unfortunately since it is their best selling game -ideally- with actual work spent. A sequel hasn't even begun to develop anyway, despite they previously hinted on having an interest for one because why would they when they have too much things on their plate (according to them).

People might be jumping the gun with the text "taking a break" as some sort of end to a series / dormant, but rather expressing concerns on how long these types of breaks are depending on the type of game. For start, DOA5 wasn't released until 7 years later after DOA4 which many believed that DOA was going to stop with 4 because of that huge time gap just to make a fighting game, eventually DOA5 was announced so people eventually assumed that perhaps DOA was just on a huge break this entire time.

Even though DOA is not as massive as Nioh because fighting games in general have a smaller scale of things when it comes to projects being that ambitious, but all the topics about "taking breaks" is standard company follow ups really to work on new games. A video game company's job is to make video games, this isn't much of a surprise if they want to try something new that isn't Nioh and DOA all the time (if this was case).

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
DOA6 will likely get an Ultimate version if anything happens at all. While IMO that article was pretty vague on what a break meant and since the article was printed in August of last year it’s hard to say how much weight it holds now that we know we can expect multiple releases from TN.

With DOA it seems there could be something on the table and with Nioh we can definitely expect nothing at all for some time. Ninja Gaiden being a guarantee at this point.

I’m looking forward to whatever the future will bring and I must say I am still a bigger fan of NG 1-2 than I am Nioh so I am almost certain to be happy with this year’s announcements.

marussya

They said "multiple releases" and it means that more than one game will be revealed. So, of course it can be two NG projects, but it can be a Yaiba also (there was an info last year that KT updated trademark), maybe 3 NG reveals (but that's too much). And maybe in the end of the year upgrade for DOA6 on next gen consoles, don't see ultimate edition, but small upgrade.
New IP definitely not this year (to be honest I'm not sure that this project exists)
P. S. I believe that they done with Dissidia, but there is a stiil possibility for Hyrule Warriors news

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I thought that was on the topic of DOA my bad

But I've seen so many people express a disliking for Kanna whenever I mention the possibility of her coming to the main series...I made a joke involving her on Twitter and 2-3 people replied saying "No thanks, no Kanna pls," plus the DOA youtuber/content creator Project Jill hates her too.

She's a part of a concept that I think could finally make story mode interesting again (but that's a story for another day), so I kinda want to see her appear. (also obviously she wouldn't be in a bikini, she'd have a redesign like Tamaki)
Kanna is a female oni... an otherworldly being just like Nyotengu. In theory, if written properly to adapt to the mainline series, she could open new possibilities in tying both the DOA and NG games in the current point of the timeline, creating one fluid narrative one game after the other and immersing the player in the story well enough to buy both games to see how it plays out. Unfortunately, she among the other DOAXVV-exclusive characters would be considered property of DMM Games despite being designed by Team Ninja, if the evidence on Tamaki being registered as a licensed guest character in DOA6 holds any weight.

But for the sake of argument, let's assume licensing royalties are not a factor. Suppose the oni and the tengu tribes have had a long-running peace treaty in the tengu world and a disturbance of some kind - say, the spirit of Bankotsubo possessing someone - caused a war that was so massive that it brings the fight to the human world, and opening the events of the next Ninja Gaiden game while at the same time having an impact on DOA's story?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
they said Nioh had been concluded as a franchise. Just to clarify.

I didn't want to say I told you so, but I mean...lol:

This is what happens when the other older game news articles out there contradicts themselves. When in actuality, it's just the devs taking a break from the games. It's to make room and schedule time for the 'new' games.

Stuff like this can also happen to DOA because it's natural for a game company to work on something new that isn't the same IP every time.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Does this mean something? I mean why would lobby matches be under maintenance when they’re taking a break?
B25668DB-E773-4F0D-B6DF-82CBAC6EB8C7.jpeg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Does this mean something? I mean why would lobby matches be under maintenance when they’re taking a break?View attachment 33391
Probably just a normal fix they do with their servers, I noticed yesterday that when I was playing the reconnecting and loading was super slow even tho my internet was fine. I think they're able to adjust and fix the online server aspects too without really having to make an update to do it

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD