Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

TOBMAST3R

Ok, that's official, there are no other stages in DOA6, we know them all; Master just says it at East London Fighter DOA6 tournament:
View attachment 27753
So, I really don't undersatnd why Team Ninja teased us 8 months ago with this:
So cruel :-(

It is more wishful thinking but it could still be an unlock-able stage like "LAB" was in Vanilla DOA5.
But I really doubt it. On Facebook, MASTER confirmed to me, that we have seen all stages.

SaihateDYNAMO

Ok, that's official, there are no other stages in DOA6, we know them all; Master just says it at East London Fighter DOA6 tournament:
View attachment 27753
So, I really don't undersatnd why Team Ninja teased us 8 months ago with this:
So cruel :-(
Soooo... can we agree now that 6 has one of the worst stage lineups? I’m really not feeling most of them. I think 5 Vanilla’s might have been worse but still I feel like what we got now should have been more of a step up =/

Cadaveri

The Taiwanise interview about 2 months ago confirmed that there would be 15 stages in the game, counting the stages on doa6 site gives 14 right now. So I guess the 15th stage is some sort of alternative version of one of the 14 stages.

Edit: I guess the 15th stage is the new dojo thingy

Edit 2: Where the heck is Aerial Gardens?

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Soooo... can we agree now that 6 has one of the worst stage lineups?

tenor.gif

Compared to pre DOA5 stages they are few, small, unimaginative and lacking detail and polish. Let me honestly say, the stages in DOA2U, on the original Xbox, two console generations ago, looked more impressive and beautiful than anything in DOA6.

Regarding Aerial Gardens:
I could imagine Aerial Gardens being a secret unlockable during the story...if it isn't though, there's no excuse why they would play with loyal fans' (who still remember and love that stage) expectations like that. That would be really messed up in fact.

Xhominid The Demon Within

tenor.gif

Compared to pre DOA5 stages they are few, small, unimaginative and lacking detail and polish. Let me honestly say, the stages in DOA2U, on the original Xbox, two console generations ago, looked more impressive and beautiful than anything in DOA6.

Regarding Aerial Gardens:
I could imagine Aerial Gardens being a secret unlockable during the story...if it isn't though, there's no excuse why they would play with loyal fans' (who still remember and love that stage) expectations like that. That would be really messed up in fact.

Honestly, there are only 2 stages in DOA5 that honestly feel like DOA stages compared to DOA6 and that's before the Stage deluge to make up for it.

I'm not really sure that they are unimaginative compared to that.

Einzelkind

I think it's hard to keep in mind how subpar the initial selection of stages in DOA5 vanilla was, because we're so used to the additions that came with Ultimate and Last Round. Look at this: DOA5 stages.

Not saying that 6's stages are amazing, they could definitely use some additions set in more natural settings (no beach and no snow stage hurts), but 5's were actually bad. They're all dark and dominated by brown and grey tones.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The stages in 6 aren’t all that but at least they’re more colourful the stages in 5 are dark and depressing. When I played the beta the colours were so vibrant and it gave me the feeling the game was alive. Compared to DOA2U the stage does lack the beauty and originality, I do have to admit that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

mizking

HHH816

like in my previous theory , that aerial garden is the passage way between the world and afterlife, kasumi probably almost dead

PhoenixVFIRE

Okay, hats off to Master for always answering (also sometimes critical) fan questions. At least so far he always replied to mine.
I enquired about Aerial Gardens and what that tease in the reveal trailer and tweet was about. His answer:

When people wanted to know more:

Hmm... Make of that what you will.
i mean, to be fair, it's not as fun if you know literally everything, there's still gotta be SOME surprises for us. i really hope not all is revealed until day 1

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wasn't there a stage in 5 that was playable in the story but wasn't playable outside of it? It might be the same case for DOA6.

The burning laboratory? An alternate version of a regular stage, but it would indeed have been very cool if it had been playable outside of story mode.

Lisa in the background being like:

XdXn.gif

@Jadeinchains @NewWestFan

Miyama being a regular stage with changing/randomized seasons would have been also amazing in DOA2U.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
i mean, to be fair, it's not as fun if you know literally everything, there's still gotta be SOME surprises for us. i really hope not all is revealed until day 1
Okay, hats off to Master for always answering (also sometimes critical) fan questions. At least so far he always replied to mine.
I enquired about Aerial Gardens and what that tease in the reveal trailer and tweet was about. His answer:

When people wanted to know more:

Hmm... Make of that what you will.
Maybe they add some random store stage that no one asked KEK
dog_kek.jpg
:

Slightly off topic but I noticed they put some detail to cereal boxes (Choco Puffs, Honey Maple) inside on the video that you can't actually see or go there to see it first hand because you are locked to a specific location at a stage and you can't go out of bounds normally (warning, lots of poly boxed nonsense of 8kbs). Has it never bothered anyone as to why TN would add such details to such locations you can't really go to? it's not even really visible at the location you spawn in
dog_kek.jpg
. Also here's a sample (sort of?) of Choco Puffs:
1999-Choco-Puffs-Spoon-Straws-New-front.jpg

Also thanks to WAZAAAA's tools, the bar stage was actually able to be selected but you had to open up the game for it. Might of been stages that could of been planned but was later scrapped since you could literally select them, but now you can legitimately be in the bar this time in DOA6 (could of been scrapped in DOA5):

Obviously some of these stages don't seem worthy or even comfortable to fight in, but I feel like there might be 1-2 stages that TN took for ideas and redone them in DOA6 legitimately. I'm going too far ahead but what i'm saying is that maybe Wazaaaa can open up DOA6 and see if Aerial Gardens can be in there somewhere even if it's not able to selected by normal means. LOCKED, FROM THE HUMAN EYES
dog_kek.jpg

Last edited:

Zeo

Just to touch on the subject of the KOF guest (since I'm late) personally Kensou would be a dream as he's my favorite KOF character but since that's a pipe dream we'll touch on the realistic choices.

Kyo - Face of KOF, K', ' Shun'Ei, Ash, all of these are/were popular characters but Iori aside wouldn't be chosen over K'. Plus out of all of them Kyo has the most versatile moveset that's changed throughout the series history that would most easily translate to DOA. No fireballs? Easy, use a variant of his KOF98 to 2002 moveset. The guy has moves for days. It would be unbelivable fun and I'd love to see him.

Iori - Not my first choice but he could make the cut as well. His popularity is up there with Kyos and while his moveset has seen less chances, the newer iterations of him from the last few KOFs (where he lacks his flame) could translate into a feasible moveset.

Terry - The most likely and obvious choice for a guy. Not much needs to be said here.

Rock - Dark horse, no one would see it coming and he has a style that would translate well into DOA. I could see it since his father is a guest in another fighter. Would be par for the course as the edgier son would be in a edgy game like DOA.

Then we've got characters like Kim, Ryo, Clark, Daimon, etc which would transition beautifully, but simply lack the star power and would never make the cut.

Let's be real though, this is waifu fighter. So it'll be a girl. So... most realistic choices here.

Kula - #1 choice. We've got the well endowed Mai, now we'll have the semi-loli Kula and the japanese would eat it up. Her Ice compliments Mai's fire and she's right in line with the type of characters being added to DOA right now. I'll be shocked if it's a girl and not this one.

Athena - #2 choice and my personal pick. She's my favorite female KOF character (yep, Athena and Kensou) and I'd love to see her transition to DOA. She's got plenty of costumes lined up which is perfect for DOA as she could have quite a few costume packs and her moveset is versatile enough to port over minus of course the Psycho ball.

Yuri - She's popular and like the others, has a bit of moe-ness which could contribute to her chances. That and she utilizes a bit of silly variant of Karate which opens up some possibilities of interactions with Hitomi.

Pretty much any other girl is far less likely to be added over the above 3. But fantastic choices either due to popularity or a great moveset/coolfactor/aesthetic potential are the likes of Vanessa, Blue Mary, Angel, Mui Mui, King, Mature, Vice and of course, Leona.

But... C'Mon, you know it's just going to be Terry or Kula. If it was Kyo or Athena that would be a surprise, but I'd be a happy camper. I'll buy Athena.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD