Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DyByHands

i dont even care about the online component. But its just been one thing after another with the game. Its messy.
I don't think we had confirmation on this. It's a possibility, but we shouldn't spread misinformation.

Whats a DOA thread/board without misinformation? Lol.

For real though, DOA6 wasnt “in” before or after anything, lol.

Itagaki left over accusations of sexual misconduct from an employee. I don't know the details but that was part of it and also the Tecmo execs also expressed discontent over his insults of competitors. I read many a game magazine and interviews regarding Team Ninja during the 7th and 8th gen of gaming. That being said I wish he was still on DOA since he didn't seem like a bloodleting business man in regards to content and shipped complete games!!!!!

HHH816

i think he want's more payment too.

btw if he's still in TN, do you think he will go for DOA5 art and direction

the stages might be better but DOA5 character will still be anime if he's still in.

Raansu

Itagaki left over accusations of sexual misconduct from an employee. I don't know the details but that was part of it and also the Tecmo execs also expressed discontent over his insults of competitors. I read many a game magazine and interviews regarding Team Ninja during the 7th and 8th gen of gaming. That being said I wish he was still on DOA since he didn't seem like a bloodleting business man in regards to content and shipped complete games!!!!!

The Tecmo execs literally took an incomplete copy of DoA2 HC off his desk and pushed the game out the door. So ya, Itagaki was a victim to execs just as much as Shimbori is.

prototypetom

DOA3 was the first one i missed on launch as i didn't xbox (sad times - put I won't buy a system for one game) and I had no idea it launched so weirdly in the states o_O the UK one was okay i think.

But every launch is a clean start.

I doubt anyone at TN is responsible for the DLC policy/region/platform bias. That's publisher business. But the lobbies will be a development issue so I wonder (hope) if they're trying something next level with them. Online lobbies in FG have always seemed kinda clunky to me.

I'm really struggling staying away from the game tbh. Despite how angry I am about KT's DLC shenanigans.

Dr PaC

DOA3 was the first one i missed on launch as i didn't xbox (sad times - put I won't buy a system for one game) and I had no idea it launched so weirdly in the states o_O the UK one was okay i think.

But every launch is a clean start.

I doubt anyone at TN is responsible for the DLC policy/region/platform bias. That's publisher business. But the lobbies will be a development issue so I wonder (hope) if they're trying something next level with them. Online lobbies in FG have always seemed kinda clunky to me.

I'm really struggling staying away from the game tbh. Despite how angry I am about KT's DLC shenanigans.
Me too. I mean, I feel like we all love the game but at the same time, we all hate the direction from the KT side. Its unfortunate but after April we'll just put this behind us. We got alot of tournaments to look forward to afterall. I think that'll help build the player base back up

Macca Beam

the stages might be better but DOA5 character will still be anime if he's still in.
i don't mind. i think itagaki's style is less uncanny because it doesn't try to be halfway realistic and he has a far better fashion sense than the current team. the stages, lighting and framerate will of course be better.
it will also be xbox exclusive

HHH816

i don't mind. i think itagaki's style is less uncanny because it doesn't try to be halfway realistic and he has a far better fashion sense than the current team. the stages, lighting and framerate will of course be better.
it will also be xbox exclusive

i don't think i can turn back after playing DOA5, but with x-box exclusive the game can easily get to evo

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

To an extent yeah. More formally Tomonobu Itagaki was fired in 2008 after the release of NG2 in June because he threatened to sue Tecmo over unpaid bonuses going back to even DOA4 I think. Tecmo took the initiative and fired Itagaki before the end of June 2008 so they wouldn't have to pay him the bonuses (though they were still taken to court by him). Itagaki really didn't get along with Tecmo, and Koei would probably drive him up the flippin' wall with their cheap asses. Majority of the DOA games from DOA2HC onwards (DOA3 & DOA4 at least) were rushed in some way and didn't really reach their full potential.

Overall, I liked Itagaki's vision for DOA, and his team did a great job with regards to DOA's story and lore. DOA3 was particularly fantastic in terms of having just the right feel and vibe for a DOA game, along with looking astoundingly gorgeous. However, I cannot stand Itagaki's scrub-minded mentally with regards to gameplay and his ego. DOA4's gameplay was a joke competitively compared to DOA5 & DOA6. On the otherhand, for everything else DOA: The presentation, the direction, the story, the characters, the overall package; Itagaki & his team were terrific on those fronts.

But something should be noted that no way, no how would Itagaki receive the budget to produce a DOA game akin to the quality of DOA2U or DOA4 with graphics on par with a AAA 8th gen game, with Koei being the publisher. I really doubt Itagaki would get along with Koei. As has been noted, Itagaki would probably try to make his DOA a Microsoft exclusive, so he could receive some supportive backing from them, like with DOA3 or DOA4 for instance. On the bright side, being an Xbox exclusive would lead to Microsoft supporting your game in some way (like with Killer Instinct), but on the otherhand DOA is the type of franchise now that would really thrive on Japanese platforms such as Sony PS or Nintendo (and PC too).

Last edited:
To an extent yeah. More formally Tomonobu Itagaki was fired in 2008 after the release of NG2 in June because he threatened to sue Tecmo over underpaid bonuses going back to even DOA4 I think. Tecmo took the initiative and fired Itagaki before the end of June 2008 so they wouldn't have to pay him the bonuses (though they were still taken to court by him). Itagaki really didn't get along with Tecmo, and Koei would probably drive him up the flippin' wall with their cheap asses. Majority of the DOA games from DOA2HC onwards (DOA3 & DOA4 at least) were rushed in some way and didn't really reach their full potential.

Overall, I liked Itagaki's vision for DOA, and his team did a great job with regards to DOA's story and lore. DOA3 was particularly fantastic in terms of having just the right feel and vibe for a DOA game, along with looking astoundingly gorgeous. However, I cannot stand Itagaki's scrub-minded mentally with regards to gameplay and his ego. DOA4's gameplay was a joke competitively compared to DOA5 & DOA6. On the otherhand, for everything else DOA: The presentation, the direction, the story, the characters, the overall package; Itagaki & his team were terrific on those fronts.

But something should be noted that no way, no how would Itagaki receive the budget to produce a DOA game akin to the quality of DOA2U or DOA4 with graphics on par with a AAA 8th gen game, with Koei being the publisher. I really doubt Itagaki would get along with Koei. As has been noted, Itagaki would probably try to make his DOA a Microsoft exclusive, so he could receive some supportive backing from them, like with DOA3 or DOA4 for instance. On the bright side, being an Xbox exclusive would lead to Microsoft supporting your game in some way (like with Killer Instinct), but on the otherhand DOA is the type of franchise now that would really thrive on Japanese platforms such as Sony PS or Nintendo (and PC too).
You know, I forgot about the bonuses. That was the reason he left. Thanks for correcting me. If he stayed around your other points are pretty correct, lol. I would of hated an exclusive DOA again but consoles are so alike nowadays in architecture that maybe wouldn't of been the case. who knows? I guess I'm just plain old nostalgic for the early days of my gaming hobby.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD