Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Dionysus

Only a year too late!
We'll see. Adding hair colour is good but exclusive to one console and paid is not. Frankly this probably was supposed to be one of the closet options before they rushed the game without any real features for it. If the next patch is as big as the previous, we could really be getting somewhere.

Ninoasker

Is TN somehow starting to wake up ? Good.
We can only pray.
Only a year too late!
We'll see. Adding hair colour is good but exclusive to one console and paid is not. Frankly this probably was supposed to be one of the closet options before they rushed the game without any real features for it. If the next patch is as big as the previous, we could really be getting somewhere.
Yeah, kind of a bummer that only PS4 has it, and that it costs actual real money. It's like everytime they do something good they need to put a con to it too.

SaihateDYNAMO

Hair colour changes? HELLO??????? I am so happy with this update.
HAIR COLOR CHANGES!!!!!?? IN MY DOA!!!?
F6591967-F631-4F88-B83E-FDBE3583341F.jpeg

We’re one step closer to an actual color edit mode omfg. Black-haired Marie is a dream come true lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
People on twitter seem to be annoyed it'll cost tickets(aka money) to get additional hair colors but tbh I think it's fair since its more content, and making the hair from all DLC costumes as selectable is probably already a hassle with the costume numbers increasing and the patch and update sizes growing steadily.

It'll probably only cost like $1 or so ticket wise so I'm not bothered by it, if it means more potential hair styles coming and similar customization content I'm willing to pay for it. The people who are probably steaming mad are probably people who hardly play the game anyway although I feel it would have been a better move to just let us use player coins to unlock colors, like maybe 1 million for one color each or something more intuitive than a real life dollar

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I wouldn't be "steaming mad", but you have to admit, if they really charge anything for something as simple as "changing the colour of a characters hair", you can bet it'll be another reason to make fun of TN/DoA. It's really not new content... changing the colour of something shouldn't be harder than changing a number (or a few), right?

I think it's too early to tell though. Let's see how this goes.

Dionysus

I'm sure you'll have to buy each colour for each character when a reasonable game (insofar as charging at all can be reasonable) would charge once per colour for everyone.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I'm sure you'll have to buy each colour for each character when a reasonable game (insofar as charging at all can be reasonable) would charge once per colour for everyone.

Actually, I would have thought these days a game like this having a colour slider for free on day one for something like hair and costume colour would be the norm, no? But I have to admit, allowing all kinds of wacky colours like in certain other fighters isn't really something I personally want to see in DoA, but what the hell (after giving Tina pigtails, the floodgates might as well open, imo). A few reasonable colours and styles to fit each character would be fine, but I really wish they wouldn't put a price on it.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wouldn't be "steaming mad", but you have to admit, if they really charge anything for something as simple as "changing the colour of a characters hair", you can bet it'll be another reason to make fun of TN/DoA. It's really not new content... changing the colour of something shouldn't be harder than changing a number (or a few), right?

I think it's too early to tell though. Let's see how this goes.
I think it would be better as maybe an in game money purchase but I feel like if players want certain cosmetic things they'll be open to paying for it as long as the price isn't ludicrous. If the devs give me what I want I won't mind paying as long as it's good quality, especially since I always wanted Kasumi to be blonde or Raven haired and I wanna see how Christie and even Honoka would look with more natural hair colors, although modders on PC definitely already beat us to it xD
Tekken and SC6 both are the closest equivalents and both have free colour selection. TN having set costumes and cluttering up the menus with recolours was always very behind the times.
Tbf TN is never gonna give us full on customization since thats gonna mess with their money. If they went the Tekken or SC route that's losing money they could use for dlc and such, but then again Tekken and SC rely more on character dlc and other pass content to get revenue while DOA focuses on costumes and then maybe characters second

inochinagi

Standard Donor
^^^ I'd feel ridiculous doing it, but yeah I'd at least buy that much for sure... TN's got me there :/

Tbf TN is never gonna give us full on customization since thats gonna mess with their money. If they went the Tekken or SC route that's losing money they could use for dlc and such, but then again Tekken and SC rely more on character dlc and other pass content to get revenue while DOA focuses on costumes and then maybe characters second

Whither they're doing it for money or not, I for one am glad that TN is actually not fully going the SC/Tekken route with customization, for the record. I don't like how those games allow for basically overshadowing of their characters identities with character creations. I'd prefer every character to have their own character-specific wardrobe like past DoAs have done. But then TN kinda goes extreme in the other direction with the way they do it now, letting us chose between only 3 set colour variations of costumes for example, plus if they did care about character identities before I don't feel like they do as much anymore after certain decisions since DoA5...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
^^^ I'd feel ridiculous doing it, but yeah I'd at least buy that much for sure... TN's got me there :/

Whither they're doing it for money or not, I for one am glad that TN is actually not fully going the SC/Tekken route with customization, for the record. I don't like how those games allow for basically overshadowing of their characters identities with character creations. I'd prefer every character to have their own character-specific wardrobe like past DoAs have done. But then TN kinda goes extreme in the other direction with the way they do it now, letting us chose between only 3 set colour variations of costumes for example, plus if they did care about character identities before I don't feel like they do as much anymore after certain decisions since DoA5...
I agree, I think doa should keep what they have now and just give stuff that fits the character. Kasumi for example doesn't need the option to wear a skimpy BDSM suit just because Christie who's a 26 year old assassin has one and Marie doesn't need dental floss lingerie just because Honoka has it xD

RagnorRob

I like the Ryza and other Gust costumes set; they are unique looking, pretty to look at, and have character. I wish there was a larger variety of beautiful background stages to play these in. Also, I don't like how the Gust set is not a revival pack....now, even though they also offer revival sets, everyone must consider whether the company will still give you recycled packs with the Season Passes.

I think the original Gust costume set contained a costume for Phase-4 that changed into a demon of some sort with very little clothing. I'm curious if this costume will be there and whether it will be censored. They censored a similar looking costume on Rachel with a body suit. I can't speak for anyone else but I know I will be upset if they drop the special costume from this release or they censor it.

Also, I'm really excited about this hair color option. I'm sure it will be in every version of this game soon. The questions I'm anxious to hear more about are: What sort of options do you get? What are the pricing details? I have no faith in this company anymore to not nickle and dime every consumer as much as possible for every inch of content but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like the Ryza and other Gust costumes set; they are unique looking, pretty to look at, and have character. I wish there was a larger variety of beautiful background stages to play these in. Also, I don't like how the Gust set is not a revival pack....now, even though they also offer revival sets, everyone must consider whether the company will still give you recycled packs with the Season Passes.

I think the original Gust costume set contained a costume for Phase-4 that changed into a demon of some sort with very little clothing. I'm curious if this costume will be there and whether it will be censored. They censored a similar looking costume on Rachel with a body suit. I can't speak for anyone else but I know I will be upset if they drop the special costume from this release or they censor it.

Also, I'm really excited about this hair color option. I'm sure it will be in every version of this game soon. The questions I'm anxious to hear more about are: What sort of options do you get? What are the pricing details? I have no faith in this company anymore to not nickle and dime every consumer as much as possible for every inch of content but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
They won't censor it, I feel that was just a one time deal with Rachel's costume since they decided to use the more covered version over the risque one. If they censor the costume when the sci fi pack was literally ass and Tits galore and when the Mandarin dress pack was Cleavage and thigh aeternum I'll literally faint of laughter xD

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hair color is cool if you don't have a PC. Lisa's returning silver hair should have been massive foreshadowing that the option would become available in the future.

They are basically selling PC mods. Though I'm not really opposed to if people like it and it isn't ridiculously overpriced.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD