Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So I was right, Namco has confirmed some announcements for the roundtable.

Hmmm...sorta doubt TN will announce anything but surprises could happen.

From my experience: good questions will certainly be avoided, but possibly answered in a week or two after.

Typically this is how the more complicated questions in English are. I will say what I like about Shimbori is that he will make sure the question is answered right where as Hayashi will turn on his business charm.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Love it when fighting games come together and cooperate. 3D fighters need to stand up and rise against the world of 2Ds.

Agreed with the first sentence. But, half the games being represented on the panel are 2D fighters... SF, KOF/SNK games, EX Fighting Layer, GG, those are all 2D fighters, no? Even if their graphics have gone 3D, they're still on a 2D plane. And a 3D exclusive panel would need to have someone from Sega AM2, particularly Yu Suzuki, or it wouldn't be legit, lol.

I'm surprised Namco-Bandai is gonna use the opportunity for announcements. I was hoping it was gonna be just a discussion about the state of the industry, which is severely needed right now (I'm sure most people here would agree), rather than a place for one dev to make a bigger crowd pleasing announcement than the other. I'm hoping they'll touch on a lot of relevant subjects to the state of FGs right now, how difficult it is to make them right now in the current video game industry's environment, how the future of the genre is looking, whither it's really important to please casual at the expense of hardcore players, if innovating the genre simply means adding more juggling/combos/meters, the possibility if there's another FG drought coming up, their thoughts or rollback netcode and artificial frame delay, all the crazy stuff that happened with Evo this year and brought some issues to the forefront... etc.

Dammit, I have a lot of questions, but I hate the idea of logging back onto twitter... DoA, why you keep dragging me back there? U_U

Anyone know if we'll be able to watch this in English or translated when it gets streamed?

human013

The current DOA team is the most incompetent team I've ever seen so there is no way they can revive DOA. I'm more interested to see how will try to get people to believe or care about them after everything they have done. The constant backtracking and pandering to the wrong crowd leading up to DOA6 damaged them way too much. Not to mention what they did during DOA5. Now instead of just fixing DOA's reputation they also have to fix their own reputation.

KwonJigglypuff

Maybe they will fulfill my dream of having the ultimate fighting game/"create your own roster" experience, using the very best of each series : DOA's animations, SC's customisation, Tekken's shoulders...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Very good video by NihongoGamer. Should take a watch when you can, and some stuff that developers confirmed for the roundtable. It's also likely that companies will discuss their genres entirely to stay relevant/succeed. Course, it's still unconfirmed on what exactly they would be talking about so it's mostly just theory talks or assumptions. Some things might not even exactly be Q&As either.

Now the question is, will DOA ever shift to rollback. Answer is probably no but I like surprises, especially netcodes.

Last edited:

Jotamide

Yesterday I was reminded of this. Koei Tecmo, being one of the greediest companies in all of gaming wouldn't drop support for the cash cow that is DOA6 DLC if they didn't have any other means of squeezing money out of the IP in the works.

Personally, the costumes could cost thousands of dollars if they have us rollback netcode and crossplay, I wouldn't care.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Imagine DOA with implemented rollback, a very good and well implemented one by the way:

497957323923521556.gif

Leifang

I’m so nervous about tomorrow. I hope the inputs delay and lags are discussed. Also I hope they give both attention to both genders, sexually and casually in terms of body physics and costumes. Another thing, want them to lower their season passes. Tag mode and Battle must return.

marussya

I’m so nervous about tomorrow. I hope the inputs delay and lags are discussed. Also I hope they give both attention to both genders, sexually and casually in terms of body physics and costumes. Another thing, want them to lower their season passes. Tag mode and Battle must return.
Don't worry about DOA, nothing will be shown I suppose. Maybe hints from Shimbori, but I'm sceptic about that

Ninoasker

Don't worry about DOA, nothing will be shown I suppose. Maybe hints from Shimbori, but I'm sceptic about that
I don't have high hopes for any DOA-related content to appear either, but somehow I still have a bit of faith. Why would TN be there if they weren't going to say anything about DOA? After all, that's the only FG IP they've got. I at least expect a small announcement or hint about what's next for the franchise, no need to show images or teasers.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't have high hopes for any DOA-related content to appear either, but somehow I still have a bit of faith. Why would TN be there if they weren't going to say anything about DOA? After all, that's the only FG IP they've got. I at least expect a small announcement or hint about what's next for the franchise, no need to show images or teasers.

I think an even more important thing to note is that it's being presented on the DOA channel. It would be HILARIOUS if they cancelled at a round table/q&a.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It seems Mochi-A might appear at the roundtable for DOA? (tweet is unsure because of translation?) I'll try to ask UprisingJC, Matt, or Werewolfgold.

For anyone who's unfamiliar with Mochi-A. He is a Virtua Fighter player that works for Team NINJA in the marketing division, as well as the community manager for Japan's DOA side (I heard he was the CM), similar to Manny (MASTER) for the west here. Since he also works for TN, he's also not allowed to enter tournaments for DOA because of it. Mochi-A is generally the go-to guy to make DOA look good over there (very strong player and he does) in terms of anything gameplay related. Because he's very very knowledgeable with DOA, i'm still a firm believer that he should be the guy TN should go to for balance as well as making any DOA trailers over there as well as an overall great guy, TN just do it.

There is a possibility/likelihood chance (very small chance) for something new in DOA regarding gameplay DOA6/DOA6U/DOA7. But at the same time, people should still take this with a grain of salt since it could just be regular gameplay show of the current DOA6 or just letting the producers win against him. I mean why else Mochi-A would be there? previously the last time with his involvement was during DOA6's release and promoted the game in talk shows so there's that sorta.

However judging by Mochi's tweet because translation might be off for me, it's also a possibility that he's only there as backup in case something goes wrong for DOA streams or he will act as commentator for gameplay related stuff, I'm still skeptical for anything new but I don't mind surprises so who knows lol. Course the usual, take it with a grain of salt for anything new-new, it's still super low chance. Also spoke to Wah about it.

Even Soul Calibur's Okubo tweeted about it. Mochi is cool. All fun and games.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

About 1/2 hour to go. Where are people watching this? Any link to the stream?

For Me its on Youtube, DEAD OR ALIVE Channel which is at this link:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD