The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Guys, if anyone missed the series, you can get the Yakuza series that has the VF5 Final Showdown (without customization) and VF2. Get the following games:

Yakuza 2 Kiwami - for VF2
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - VF5 Final Showdown
Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Both games! Even the other Sega games such as Virtual On! and Puyo Puyo.

Don't forget Judgement, which also has VF5FS and Fighting Vipers. In addition to that, me and Harpooner are hosting a Parsec tournament this Sunday if anyone is interested! https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/NU68f1enRS#/signup/6ckg4n6frbx

While I would like a VF6, I'll take a revamped VF5FS again. That game is just iconic.

Agreed. I welcome this idea and I hope we get a PC release as well.

Ninoasker

God I do hope we get VF5 ported too. The Yakuza emulations are ok but having the game in it's complete version would be just amazing (especially with the customization!!). I do hope this is not the only thing for VF tho and we actually get 6 down the line and this is just an extra release to keep the franchise in standby until then now that the game would be basically dead with PS3's store closing.

Kasumi-Phase-X

This would be awesome to get a proper version of Virtua Fighter 5 Version with everything Final Showdown had on console releases, to revisit along with showcase some VF Customization Recreations.

Hold_Junkie93

Don't forget Judgement, which also has VF5FS and Fighting Vipers. In addition to that, me and Harpooner are hosting a Parsec tournament this Sunday if anyone is interested! https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/NU68f1enRS#/signup/6ckg4n6frbx

Agreed. I welcome this idea and I hope we get a PC release as well.
That’s my homie, Alec. He’s been on shit since the scene in NY got quiet. Was worse before COVID honestly. We lost our only place to have sessions.

TRid

39TUk9A.jpg

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Yep. We're now seeing images of VF5 Ultimate Showdown (aka Virtua Fighter eSports) on PSN. And just so that we're clear about the image above mines... yes this is real.

(EDITED because the link was already posted.): Yes, the Japanese name for this is Virtua Fighter eSports. However it's titled Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown everywhere else.
1619019157746.png
1619019052689.png

Last edited:

Ninoasker

The models definitely don't look 2006 anymore. Hopefully we see some gameplay soon.
This could just be promo art tho. I expect a port with HD textures, I really doubt they're gonna give us revamped visuals... wish I'm wrong tho.
Anyways, glad to see the title is eSports only in Japan. Hopefully this means DLC is included and not cut out like in some of SEGA's other eSports titles.

Radiance

I wonder how much of an update to FS this will be. The models are definitely revised. Imagine a full graphics overhaul to VF5 (although the game is still a beauty to look at).

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
This could just be promo art tho. I expect a port with HD textures, I really doubt they're gonna give us revamped visuals... wish I'm wrong tho.
Anyways, glad to see the title is eSports only in Japan. Hopefully this means DLC is included and not cut out like in some of SEGA's other eSports titles.
I assume you're referring to Puyo Puyo Champions.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Pretty sure that's referring to VF5US (or VFe). As of now, I'm currently awaiting what will happen on the next Japanese Fighting Game Roundtable Discussion since SEGA is going to be involved.

Well yeah, since Virtua Fighter is becoming a thing. The interesting thing about the presentation that their is an arrow pointing at remake, which is something that is worth looking out for for "significant addition of new features". So we should be expecting something being added to VF5US.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD